chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Discussion and Rules - SCORES ARE TALLIED RESULTS COUNTDOWN IN PROGRESS!!!

well i don't think i remember a film opening in limited first and then pulling off such a massive weekend... while the rules are clear , i think next year we will need to account for situations like this.

(if we went on straight 3 day OW it's heading outright 2nd place (easily) for the season... who saw that coming ? )

Yeah, its a bloody nuisance that you think you cover all the bases (I even made a big hero caveat due to frozen last year), and what happens. The arsing North Koreans and American snipers screw everything up with their unprecidented antics. Damn them all to Hades!!!

Ok so the answers for the Hunger Games Overseas territory question were harder to find than I hoped seeing as BOM for some reason decided that most countries have not released any films since early November, but scanning other sites, international threads here and the countries BOM reported, this is the top 5 I get:

1 - UK - $46.77M

2 - Germany - $39.0M 

3 - Australia - $28.6M

4 - France - $25.5M

5 - Mexico - $23.6M

6 - Brazil - $22.5M

Am double checking as much as I can right now

• Like 2

Any bonus points for not merely getting all 5 right but also getting them in order?

Its like the one thing I actually got right and after getting brutalized the last few weeks Im desperate.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Any bonus points for not merely getting all 5 right but also getting them in order?

Its like the one thing I actually got right and after getting brutalized the last few weeks Im desperate.

You get 5000 extra each time a film is in the right position so getting all 5 correct and in the right correct is nabbing you 150k from that question.

BTW...chas has been banned from running this game for the next three life times.  Sorry, you had a good run Chas, but anyone who harsh words to say about JAWS and ET is not okay in my books.  

You know this is just a joke, right?

• Like 3

BTW...chas has been banned from running this game for the next three life times.  Sorry, you had a good run Chas, but anyone who harsh words to say about JAWS and ET is not okay in my books.  

You know this is just a joke, right?

Oh No! Banned just in time to avoid the mass of upcoming scoring that needs to be done! Disaster!

• Like 1

Gonna try and begin a wash of scoring tonight, I ask people to not publicly start adding up their own potential scores to maintain an element of suspense.

Oh, now you tell me.  Well, too late, I already eyeballed it and I think my final score came in somewhere around 4.  Not 4th place, a total of 4.

Hmm, that sounded funnier in my head.

• Like 1

Oh, now you tell me.  Well, too late, I already eyeballed it and I think my final score came in somewhere around 4.  Not 4th place, a total of 4.

Hmm, that sounded funnier in my head.

Yeah the way we've all done this winter, 4 points should easily be enough for top 3, not just a mere 4th place :)

• Like 2