grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

Gone Girl will repeat at number 1. Dracula will do Hansel & Gretel numbers and Alexander will do Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 numbers. And honestly The Judge won't be as big as many people claim it will be (around the high-teens range.)

Hansel & Gretel numbers would put a smile in my face. I am honestly afraid it does only 12-13M. 

• Like 1

U guys arent high on The Judge?

You really think it is gonna do well? Reviews aren't very good, and it seems like the type of movie that will do 12-14M OW.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Gone Girl will repeat at number 1. Dracula will do Hansel & Gretel numbers and Alexander will do Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 numbers. And honestly The Judge won't be as big as many people claim it will be (around the high-teens range.)

Think you're overestimating Dracula and underestimating Alexander. Annabelle and Maze Runner have the teen horror/action crowd covered. Gone Girl and The Judge will get all of the adults. So Dracula Untold doesn't really have much of an audience.

Meanwhile, Alexander is getting relatively solid reviews and has the advantage of no kids films breaking out since HTTYD2. Boxtrolls will finish with $55-60 million. Dolphin Tale 2 with $40-45 million. Book of Life also looks pretty rough lol. 

I'm expecting $25-30 million OW for it... probably neck in neck with GG for 1st place. 

With a $38 million OW in October, I'd say GG might have a $26-27 million 2nd weekend. $22-23 million seems way too harsh a drop for a critically acclaimed Oscar contender. 

• Like 1

You really think it is gonna do well? Reviews aren't very good, and it seems like the type of movie that will do 12-14M OW.

RDJ will push it over a 20m opening, but it's not getting 30+ with those reviews and boring subject.

• Like 1

It looks more like a 20 mill movie to me.

Dracula Untold made $21m from 25 markets.

I think that includes most of the big markets. Only Brazil, Italy and Spain (and China if it gets released there) are left, so the over performance in Portugal was a fluke. 

• Like 1

So they are comparing themselves to a freak of box office? Good luck with that.

No. They are comparing it to an early October film aimed at adults.

Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Why? It's 45% Sunday is reasonable.....Gone Girls 36.6% however, not so much.

I'm looking at Saturday's estimates, not Sunday. I think Saturday's actual will be much less than what the estimate indicates. I could be very wrong, or i could be right. JMHO.