kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS (10.13.2014) 2.65 M DRACULA UNTOLD

Yeah, by the way, how much did Hansel and Gretel cost including its marketing costs? I know that production budget itself is $50 million, but don't quite know how much it was including marketing.

Also, aren't some territories still waiting for Dracula to be released? I remember Japan as being one of them, with it being released very late October.

Typically marketing costs (unless they are absurdly high or it really underperforms on the latter) are covered through things like home video and merchandising if the movie just breaks even.

I see, so $166 million benchmark was passed.... (with it being $226 million)......Seems it did much better than what was expected LOL.

Copied and pasted from imdb.com:

Chile                   16 October 2014
Colombia            16 October 2014
Czech Republic  16 October 2014
Slovakia              16 October 2014
Thailand              16 October 2014
Finland                17 October 2014
Poland                17 October 2014
Vietnam              17 October 2014
Cambodia           21 October 2014
Brazil                   23 October 2014
Hungary               23 October 2014
Spain                    24 October 2014
Italy                       30 October 2014
Japan                    31 October 2014
Paraguay            14 November 2014

Several markets, but I only see Spain, Italy, Japan as the major markets left.

I imagine its not getting released in turkey

• Like 1

Saw 2 movies tonight.

Gone Girl was really good. Perhaps a bit too obvious, but still very entertaining. (The old problem where I've seen a billion movies, so you can see most of the twists and endings coming from a mile away.) Some very unusual supporting characters (not full of the usual quirks yet still very useful to the development) too that we don't usually get in most movies. And great acting throughout.

The Maze Runner gave me a real rollercoaster ride. Not that it was super thrilling or anything, but I quite enjoyed a lot of the maze and mystery and exploration parts of the movie. But then when some people opened their mouths and we heard some of the themes being driven home, it was just batshit fucking awful. Most afterschool specials have a more subtle delivery of their message than that. Didn't like the non-ending either. Certainly would have been better off just leaving everything a big mystery, instead of trying to give some stupid backstory explanation.

So it was definitely an interesting night. Gone Girl is definitely praiseworthy. Maze Runner was pretty darn interesting for good portions of it, but occasionally dropped straight to the pits of hell whenever they started bringing up the usual YA kids' themes.