Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Pretty visuals but messy and unnecessarily convoluted story/plots (Nolan could benefit directing someone else's script for a change).

Solid to good acting performances all around. The third act with the reveal of Damon's character kinda reminds me of the third act in Sunshine. And just like that one it's also problematic.

Overall though the movie is pretty engaging and entertaining with some emotional beats that really hits. And I also admire the ambition and vision that Nolan is thriving for. The movie is not quite there in terms of achieving those, but it's a very solid outing that's worth the effort.

B+/A- Will try to see it a second time to see if it improves upon rewatch.

• Like 9

OfYGY.gif

:lol:

At the moment though, I'm partial towards Sunshine. Even though I know its third act is problematic, I'm more forgiving towards it cause both the first two acts were just superb. And also cause I have rewatched that movie quite a lot of time so the sudden shift in tones/genres are not quite as sudden as the first time anymore.

Will see if Insterstellar will be the same case.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

For now...

B.

Take my Nolanite card away. But don't ever say I can't be objective. And that's not to say this opinion can wildly change either way with multiple viewings.

This saddens me greatly.

• Like 1

Of course he is! He doesn't exactly look sad right the, though. ;)

Ah, got it :lol:

Okay, let me try that again

For now...

B.

Take my Nolanite card away. But don't ever say I can't be objective. And that's not to say this opinion can wildly change either way with multiple viewings.

al-pacino-heat.jpg

• Like 4

This saddens me greatly.

I'm like Jessica Chastain right now, jaded and cynical after Nolan abandoned me.

But one day Nolan gon' speak to me in binary and I'm gonna go "EUREKA MOTHERFUCKER" and then say "Chris Nolan, you da man"

Hopefully I won't be 90 something years old when it happens

• Like 5

I'm like Jessica Chastain right now, jaded and cynical after Nolan abandoned me.

But one day Nolan gon' speak to me in binary and I'm gonna go "EUREKA MOTHERFUCKER" and then say "Chris Nolan, you da man"

Hopefully I won't be 90 something years old when it happens

Wasn't she like 30 at that point? :P

Meant to ask you. So that real IMAX road trip. Disaster? Was thinking it would be pretty damn funny if your friends ended up liking it more than you. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Wasn't she like 30 at that point? :P

Meant to ask you. So that real IMAX road trip. Disaster? Was thinking it would be pretty damn funny if your friends ended up liking it more than you. :ph34r:

I think they might have liked it more than me :lol:

But it was a good trip.

• Like 1

Sounds like they weren't mad at you for dragging them along. That's good.

If they were, they didn't show it. We were discussing the film for a good hour trying to get the logistics of everything down.

Many things were said about Matt Damon, the best of us.

• Like 1