Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I was referring to the box office, which is around 500m worldwide. TMNT is a very successful film indeed.

Cars merchandising sales are quite, but it kinda led to Pixar's downfall so to speak, since Disney wants them to make another Cars sequels so they can sell more toys.

Oh whoopsie.. Yep Pixar really did fall of a tall peer after milking cars merchandising phenom, but I think they could bounce

back with Finding Dory and Incredibles 2(Please please make sure Brad Bird directs the sequel Pixar division of the Mouse)

Im so not interested in paying to see Cars sequels unless on cable. They really need to make the premise more spectacular.

I dont think the sequels even win the kids over.

Exciting times my friend for resurgence...

He-Man

Finding Dory

Matrix 4 and 5

Blade 4

Indiana Jones V

Thunder Cats

All pretty much locks to happen.

• Like 1

Blade 4 is not likely happening and Thundercats is uncertain given that the recent TV series was a failure (well Cartoon Network intentionally set it up to be a failure, by intentionally sabotaging it's scheduling and using b.s. toy excuse as a reason for cancelling it, when they never made toys to begin with). A Thundercats movie has been in development for years now, I'm surprised it hasn't been made yet to be honest.

• Like 2

I knew it. There's too much knowledge and science for someone like baumer to absorb well. At least upon your first viewing.

If anything, the film explained almost everything to the audiences (particularly about quantum physics). It was either too difficult for you to understand at first, or were not paying as much attention as you should have.

Again, I'm not begrudging your score. You could hate the emotion, and whatnot. But saying it wasn't well explained is not true. You probably need another viewing to take it all in.

Your opinion is always good for a good laugh, thanks. B, your 7/10 was incredibly generous. Shocked by the response here, film was a mess.

• Like 1

As are yours, baby.

Aww, did poor baby have trouble comprehending the film?

No poor baby absolutely hated the pseudo science & mashed up theories. Thanks though. That visual repeated ten times of the hatch malfunctioning when Matt Damon is about to commit suicide was revolutionary bud. That fifth dimension at the end was so awesome. Made me cry with laughter.

This is a topic that's been bugging me for awhile:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/11/get-lost-film-word-missed.html

Doesn't it annoy anyone else when you're watching a film / tv show / anything with someone else and they constantly keep asking you what that one word you couldn't quite understand was? Why can't people just be patient and let the movie sort everything out? It's not necessary to understand every last bit of dialogue on first viewing.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

About Matt Damon casting, I thought he was okay, could have been better, could have been worse. But I disagree that someone like King Stellan or Sir Ken would have been better at the role because what made Matt work was that you don't expect him to turn bad unlike some other actors that were suggested who have a past of playing shady characters. If there were problems with his sequence (and there were), it wasn't in the casting.

And switching Damon and McConaughey :rofl:

• Like 2

I'd have to watch it a second time to decide whether I liked it.

I do know I was annoyed by the 'mindfuck' scene, because it didn't have the guts to be a mindfuck. I felt myself physically willing Cooper to stop talking and for the scene to play without words, but alas, we had the dialogue of him explaining exactly what the place was and what he was doing.

It was particularly galling because the exposition had, on the whole, been kept in check and/or made sense when it was used.

• Like 1

Your opinion is always good for a good laugh, thanks. B, your 7/10 was incredibly generous. Shocked by the response here, film was a mess.

LOL hahaha good one

No poor baby absolutely hated the pseudo science & mashed up theories. Thanks though. That visual repeated ten times of the hatch malfunctioning when Matt Damon is about to commit suicide was revolutionary bud. That fifth dimension at the end was so awesome. Made me cry with laughter.

tumblr_inline_ne45f7R8IV1s7pxgj.gif

• Like 2

There are so many great scenes here that it's unfortunate that so many dynamics simply don't work.  Very much the definition of a mixed bag for me.

In many instances the film felt like a director stuck in the wasteland between trying to make a big blockuster about space and at the same time trying to make an existential space opera epic heavy on themes.

• Like 3

Doesn't it annoy anyone else when you're watching a film / tv show / anything with someone else and they constantly keep asking you what that one word you couldn't quite understand was? Why can't people just be patient and let the movie sort everything out? It's not necessary to understand every last bit of dialogue on first viewing.

YES. This is why I don't watch movies at home; or when I do, I have subtitles on. Just shut up and enjoy the movie

I wish he'd've pulled a PJ and made Interstellar: The Ghost, Interstellar: Wormhole, and Interstellar: Gargantua

I'm disappointed he didn't add another 30 minutes to the movie and have Cooper and all the astronauts eating pie and corn for a half an hour in the movie.

• Like 2

Cal seems really mad that people are liking this.

For me, it was a mixed bag, but more things worked than didn't work. Once Damon was introduced, it was dynamite. Some of the best stuff I've ever seen in a blockbuster.

A-

But isn't he allowed to not like the film?

• Like 1

He has every right to dislike it, but he doesn't need to insult people who disagree. In fairness, a lot of Interstellars fans have also been annoying by trying to argue that if you dislike it, you don't understand it. Both sides are overreacting.

I haven't been following his posts.