chasmmi

SOTM 6 - Multipliers, multipliers everywhere

Seeing as The Interstellar vs Big Hero fight has been so much fun we're gonna revisit it one final time in SOTM form.

Basically I am going to give every player 2000 points because I am generous like that. Everyone gets 2000 points, no need to predict, no need to abstain, no need to anything.

However, if you wish, there is the opportunity to gamble and turn your 2000 points into much much more.

All you need to do is pick a film and predict its multiplier by the end of the game.

You must predict to no more than 2d.p (eg 7.25).

If your prediction is within 0.3 I will take your 2000 points and multiplie it my your predicted multiplier AND as an extra bonus I'll double that figure as well (I'll also round up to the nearest thousand to keep the scores pretty)!

If your prediction is less than 0.5 out in either direction, then you win nothing and you lose nothing.

If you are more than 0.5 out in either direction then you will lose the same amount of points as you would have won if you'd been correct.

Here's an example:

You choose Big Hero 6 and a multiplier of 7.

If the multiplier at game end is between 6.7 and 7.3 you win 2000 x 7 x 2 = 28000 points

If it is between 6.5 and 7.5 you win nothing

If it is less than 6.5 or more than 7.5 then you lose 2000 x 7 x 2 = 28000 points

You know what as I'm feeling super generous, if you wish you can even predict for both films (but you cannot get abstain points twice of course :) )

Deadline is Thursday 11:59 same as the weekly question deadline.

Good luck :)

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 1