CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2014. (winners in 1st post)

Gandhi is an even better comparison if Oyelowo is really on that level. Most people know him about as well as they knew Kingsley in 1982. 

Although if he wins that'll be one more reason to be pissed off that Denzel didn't win for Malcolm X.

Dat performance by Denzel

• Like 2

The Spirits are announced today

Tho whats eligible & what not is kinda all over the place (I really hope Foxcatcher is in)

The Imitation game is supposed 2 b a favourite

We should make another thread for this cuz it's technically not a critics group.

• Like 1

Wait, I thought Imitation wasn't eligible.... 

According to hitfix Harvey sneaked a way into getting it to be eligible (like w/ the artist) because it had some american producers or something. whether it's true or not, idk, it got zero nominations.

• Like 1

According to hitfix Harvey sneaked a way into getting it to be eligible (like w/ the artist) because it had some american producers or something. whether it's true or not, idk, it got zero nominations.

Of course Harvey would do that :lol: Though, I thought TIG was completely british and over budget..... But Harvey probably found a way around it or something like that. 

So these start tomorrow with the new york critics. These aren't necessarily predictions for those guys but overall I think we're gonna see Boyhood/Keaton/Moore/JK/Arquette be the consensus winners with most groups. 

Until the critics show otherwise I'm thinking there won't be a consensus for any of the big categories other than Best Actress. BP conceivably could be thrown to Boyhood, Birdman, Unbroken (if it hits), Imitation Game, or Selma.

My very random predictions for the initial big 3 are

NY- Birdman

LA- Boyhood

NBR- Unbroken or Imitation Game

• Like 1

I think the three you mentioned like to mix it up (last year they gave it to Hustle, Her, Gravity) I'm talking about all the other critics groups that gave the win to slave last year.

i also have the feeling selma is gonna win at one of the 3. it could conceivably be any of them .

• Like 1

Winners at new york so far

• Like 1