Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

All I ever think about Supremacy is of that god-damned camera. People complained about THG's shaky cam, but Supremacy still holds the undisputed heavyweight championship of shaky cam for me.

It's the only movie where shaky cam has worked pretty well IMHO. I just love the pacing of that film and it also has great acting plus some pretty strong emotional content at the end.

• Like 2

All I ever think about Supremacy is of that god-damned camera. People complained about THG's shaky cam, but Supremacy still holds the undisputed heavyweight championship of shaky cam for me.

I haven't seen any of the Bourne movies in a long time, but Elysium is the absolute king of shitty shaky jerk cam.

Edited by Ozymandias

Well then. As someone who's not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence, liked THG but didn't like CF, I really enjoyed the hell out of this one. I think I was a bigger fan of all the acting bigwigs (Julianne Moore and PSH are LOVE!!!), and Effie/Haymitch, like, forever.

I also don't like the split, but whatever. For the material with the first book, Lawrence and the writers did the best work they could with it. The political theater stuff was so well done.

Well then. As someone who's not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence, liked THG but didn't like CF, I really enjoyed the hell out of this one. I think I was a bigger fan of all the acting bigwigs (Julianne Moore and PSH are LOVE!!!), and Effie/Haymitch, like, forever.

I also don't like the split, but whatever. For the material with the first book, Lawrence and the writers did the best work they could with it. The political theater stuff was so well done.

Besides Baby Thor of course, the acting is aces across the board in this franchise. Like I said yesterday, the acting has actually turned most of these characters into more developed and likable ones then they ever were in the books.

• Like 1

Besides Baby Thor of course, the acting is aces across the board in this franchise. Like I said yesterday, the acting has actually turned most of these characters into more developed and likable ones then they ever were in the books.

From what a lot of people here have said, it sounds like I'm not missing anything by just watching the movies. I have a hard time believing the books do a better job with the characters than what we've received from the likes of Lawrence, Hoffman, and Harrelson.

• Like 3

Julianne Moore, Jeffery Wright, and PSH were riveting, for sure. And I desperately wanted something to happen b/w Effie and Haymitch ;)

Hutcherson really ramped up his game too. Really strong performances across the board.

• Like 2

I cannot stand her in DoR movies, from SLP to Hustle. I couldn't finish either one, LOL!

In fairness, that might be DOR's fault. I found that in Hustle, he let all of his actors/actresses down with the characters he gave them. No character was defined that well, which made all of  the "they're lying to themselves" stuff come off as forced. As a result, nobody turned in a good performance (except for Amy Adams).

Still, though, I love SLP.

In fairness, that might be DOR's fault. I found that in Hustle, he let all of his actors/actresses down with the characters he gave them. No character was defined that well, which made all of  the "they're lying to themselves" stuff come off as forced. As a result, nobody turned in a good performance (except for Amy Adams).

Still, though, I love SLP.

American Hustle is good, but it's one of those movies you can feel it losing momentum during the second half. Kind of a letdown considering the concept of the movie.