CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

Still no MJ numbers? Is lions gate coming up with some way to play with the numbers?

*Other outlets are reporting that Lionsgate is inflating the weekend figure for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1, and that the actual number is around $122 million (or lower). Mojo's policy is to stick with the number that the studio has reported, though, and will list $180 million until Lionsgate issues a revision.

• Like 11

I think Tele is sort of on to something about the second movie. The games were a rehash. Maybe it turned off some people from seeing future movies? I loved the ending of Catching Fire. It made me excited to see where the story went as a person who hasn't read the books.

Tele is hardly ever onto something when it comes to THG. 

The games were different, and I'm glad it was the last time to be used in CF. And the games were a lot better than in the first movie. CF received great WOM. People loved it. 

So this drop is very confusing to me because it's going to have a near $100m drop from CF. 

Tele is hardly ever onto something when it comes to THG. 

The games were different, and I'm glad it was the last time to be used in CF. And the games were a lot better than in the first movie. CF received great WOM. People loved it. 

So this drop is very confusing to me because it's going to have a near $100m drop from CF. 

That's why it's confusing to you. ;)

*Other outlets are reporting that Lionsgate is inflating the weekend figure for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1, and that the actual number is around $122 million (or lower). Mojo's policy is to stick with the number that the studio has reported, though, and will list $180 million until Lionsgate issues a revision.

Link?

• Like 1

Hey mods, it's time to reopen the WWW thread.

I know that $123M is more money than I could possibly imagine. But the drop of 35M from the last one is also more money than I could possibly imagine. This is one of the biggest franchise movie drops of all time. This is coming in below everybody's predictions.

The WWW thread is 100% justified.

• Like 2

Hey mods, it's time to reopen the WWW thread.

I know that $123M is more money than I could possibly imagine. But the drop of 35M from the last one is also more money than I could possibly imagine. This is one of the biggest franchise movie drops of all time. This is coming in below everybody's predictions.

The WWW thread is 100% justified.

Well how many third film Part 1s increase from their predecessors in consecutive years? 

I actually agree. Maybe not a what went wrong, but just a discussion of why it disappointed domestically.

Taking a page from Ray Subers's book "Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. Why did it not Catch Fire?"

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1