CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

I'm in the same state of confusion. I honestly believed $140m was the floor.

I thought $130m would be the floor. That would be a big drop but not unprecedented considering it has no IMAX and is a Part 1. But $123m is just insane.

I'm not sold on the poor marketing. DH1 didn't have great marketing, either. Especially when compared to HBP or DH2 but it still held on.

• Like 1

INTERSTELLAR update. After this weekend it:

- gained against PROMETHEUS and is now $12,458,928 ahead

- gained against I, ROBOT and is now $5,852,242 ahead

- lost ground against GRAVITY (60%), and is now $19,213,303 ahead

- gained considerable ground against M: REVOLUTIONS and is now $4,491,514 behind

PROMETHEUS is now worthless as a comp and I'll be discarding it moving forward. Same with M: REV.

• Like 2

I thought $130m would be the floor. That would be a big drop but not unprecedented considering it has no IMAX and is a Part 1. But $123m is just insane.

I'm not sold on the poor marketing. DH1 didn't have great marketing, either. Especially when compared to HBP or DH2 but it still held on.

I think Tele is sort of on to something about the second movie. The games were a rehash. Maybe it turned off some people from seeing future movies? I loved the ending of Catching Fire. It made me excited to see where the story went as a person who hasn't read the books.

• Like 1

I also found it annoying that the TV spots would say "NO. MORE. GAMES" when the title is basically called The Hunger Games lol

I always thought those sub-titles were stupid. same with twilight. If James Bond wasn't a 50 year franchise it would have to be The James Bond Saga: Skyfall.

• Like 2