Alpha

The 3rd CAYOM Film Festival (Year 10)

Last game year, we took a break from the CAYOM Film Festival so we could get a good flow of the quarter system. Now it's Year 10, and I think it would be a good idea to start this back up again.

-----------------

For the newbies like Rukaio, Rorschach and Films, the CAYOM Festival is basically where players submit films to be read by a panel formed of three members. This panel reads the submissions, and they post reviews. No one else reads the films but them.

Here's a step by step process:

1. The thread is opened. Three players can volunteer to be on the panel. It's first come, first serve, so once we have three people we move forward.

2. The panelists start up a group PM. Due to fairness and excitement, they won't decide the winners. The main prizes will be given away by an outsider of CAYOM, a respected member of the board. The panelists choose this specific person and send him a PM. The identity of this player should remain a secret until shortly before the winner is announced.

3. Everyone submit films. The panelists can also submit films, but cannot review them. Films can either be submit In-Competition (IC) or Out-of-Competition (OOC). IC films will be given reviews by the panelists, but is also in contention to be given awards by the outsider judge. OOC films are given reviews by the panelists, but won't be considered by the outsider judge for any awards. You can submit films from any quarter. If you only submit one film, it will be considered IC. If you submit two or more, but don't specify whether each is IC or OOC, they will all be considered OOC.

The awards are:

Grand Jury Best Film
Best Director
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Screenplay

4. The panelists set up a schedule. The Festival lasts a week, Monday-Friday. Monday and Friday are considered opening night, therefore there can be only one film. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday can have up to three films. Each day at certain times, the judges will post their reviews for a certain film "scheduled" at that time. This makes it easier for the judges to set up a schedule for the week.
5. The festival begins.

-----------------

In order for the festival to take place, we'd need at least 5 films, 1 for each day. This was a very popular activity before we switched to the Quarter system, and could be really fun for all our new players.

Now, we can take volunteers. Once we get three judges, they can move on to selecting an outsider judge, and people can start sending in films.
Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

I volunteer as a Jury Member :D

(And you guys can all pander to my tastes :lol: I'm not that complicated ;):P)

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/6013-cayom-year-5-advance-schedule/?p=482983

Meryl Streep's Save the Starving Children

Director: Harvey Weinstein
Genre: Drama
Date: December 31
Studio: Blankments Productions
Cast: Meryl Streep as herself
Music by: Meryl Streep's sister.
Runtime: 290 min
Tagline: Please.

Plot: Meryl Streep walks on screen, and begs for the moviegoing audience to donate money to starving children.

Theaters: 4,844
MPAA Rating: R for brief harsh language
Budget: $1

Do I win an Oscar?
Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

Dammit, why is no-one trying to pander to my tastes?!

Cus I know what I like and everyone else knows exactly what I like too :lol: 

But like in all seriousness, like write me a good, well-written, conceptualised and paced, drama with a sad ending and you'll be in my good books. Goddess and all other people are just things that'll be nice to have but not absolutely necessary. 

Tho if you cast Kiera Knightley in your movie, I will shit on it and I will shit on her, irregardless of how well you write it because I loathe her with a passion. 

Cus I know what I like and everyone else knows exactly what I like too :lol:

But like in all seriousness, like write me a good, well-written, conceptualised and paced, drama with a sad ending and you'll be in my good books. Goddess and all other people are just things that'll be nice to have but not absolutely necessary. 

Tho if you cast Kiera Knightley in your movie, I will shit on it and I will shit on her, irregardless of how well you write it because I loathe her with a passion. 

My thought of submitting my Sofia Coppola drama IC sounds much better now :P

IC: Of Mystique & Maladies (dir. Wes Anderson)

OOC: The Attack Team (dir. Adam Wingard)

OM&M is described more in the BTC thread, while The Attack Team promises to be one of the most insane straight up action films audiences have ever seen, combining visceral action sequences, unique styles of character and world, and a wicked sense of humor and emotion. 

• Like 1