13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Sure...and your mind is accustomed to think that he is referring to sex.  He isn't.  There are literally thousands of things he could want to do after work.  You just think of sex because of the situation she is in.

he's not talking about sex but the film definitely wants you to think he's talking about sex to fill that situation with needless tension. only to diffuse it when he mentions his wife I think? didn't like that scene personally.

I agree.  

Really good.

I'm a sucker for these road trip, self discovery films.

127 Hours, Into the Wild and Cast Away are others I'd put into this genre.

Reese does great work and though I may have not made the same mistakes she did, I still related to her story and what she was going through. The cinematography isn't as good as 127 Hours or Into the Wild though.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

• Like 1

Wild is definitely a film you get more joy out of if you have gone through something similar to what she has.  Not a heroine addiction or a sex addiction but divorce, wrong choices in life, rediscovery and so on.  I was going through all of that when I saw this and the movie floored me.  It is one of 2014's best imo.