kayumanggi

MONDAY NUMBERS | 12.29.2014 | 7.55 M THE HOBBIT: TBOTFA

I wouldn't say frontrunner.... It's certainly a contender, but weak BO and some controversy may not be a good sign for it. 

The controversy (rumour has it Weinstein started it lol) is not as big as the one Zero Dark Thirty faced so I think it won't get hurt. Ava Duvernay afterall was a former publicist so she knows the game

Edited by forg

The controversy (rumour has it Weinstein started it lol) is not as big as the one Zero Dark Thirty faced so I think it won't get hurt. Ava Duvernay afterall was a former publicist so she knows the game

Well of course Weinstein started it :P And I totally agree that it isn't as big as the one that ZDT faced, but in a very competitive field and Boyhood being perceived as the frontrunner by a fair margin, any controversy may prevent it from gaining momentum. While it perhaps doesn't stop Selma's momentum, simply stopping its growth may be enough to allow Boyhood or [insert another movie here] to triumph. 

• Like 1

I honestly don't think Boyhood will win that Oscar. Not because it's the not the best movie this year (actually I love the film) but because the Oscar voters tend to vote the bigger film.

I would normally agree, but there doesn't seem to be a movie that's gaining momentum. Boyhood normally would be too unique of a film to win, but TIG isn't gaining enough traction, Unbroken's not winning with those reviews despite the BO, and Selma seems to be flatlining a bit rn and that's not good. So I don't really know what else could win? Maybe Birdman??? But I dunno...

• Like 1

I need Selma to flop with box office and AMPAS just to finally put Sasha out of her misery, ensuring the meltdown to end all meltdowns. She's coming after Dame now (for like, no reason, there's not a chance in hell she gets BD nod over Ava) and I'm not having that shit.

For your own sanity, man, you gotta stop following her. :lol:

• Like 5

Sasha tweeted a few days ago that Aniston is a threat to win Best Actress, maybe to taunt the Jolie fans :lol:

Anyway, Selma I think has a shot although the SAG snub hurts. We'll find out when the other guilds starts releasing nominees/winners.

American Sniper's excellent box office in limited release and reading tweets from celebrities how good Bradley Cooper could be a contender as well for nomination, we shall see

• Like 2

I think I might be the only Jolie fan in the world who doesn't give a fuck about Jennifer Aniston one way or the other. In fact my opinion of her is mostly positive except that her publicist is apparently notorious for smear campaigning Dame (which I guess might indicate that Aniston herself encourages it).

• Like 5

I think I might be the only Jolie fan in the world who doesn't give a fuck about Jennifer Aniston one way or the other. In fact my opinion of her is mostly positive except that her publicist is apparently notorious for smear campaigning Dame (which I guess might indicate that Aniston herself encourages it).

Actually Brad Pitt's publicist is the one who started it by giving bloggers press passes to events they'd never get into, with the guarantee that they'd write only positive things about Angelina and Brad and diss Aniston in return. 

• Like 2