Hernan Gonzalez

Minions OS Thread | 1 BILLION WW CROSSED!! | 6m weekend | $811.4m OS total

The big question now is.....will it beat the OS-grosses of Skyfall, POTC4 & IM3? Cause it still plays in more foreign countries than just China.

I don't think there's enough money left in other markets outside China since most have hit their peak. Even China has only about $10 million left in the tank. It just opened in Greece, but I don't think it will make more than $2 million there (DM2 made just $1.8 million in Greece and with a much better exchange rate too).

So today I sent the tweet with the Minions top 10 WW all time news to Forbes on Twitter: (mentioned Forbes' Scott M,)

https://twitter.com/mnm/status/647284231849144320

And guess what? Scott wrote a write up about it shortly after! Love it!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/09/25/box-office-minions-becomes-10th-highest-grossing-movie-of-all-time/

Box Office: 'Minions' Tops 'Transformers 3' To Become 10th Highest Grossing Movie Of All Time

Minions has officially earned $1.127 billion as of today and has thus eclipsed Transformer: Dark of the Moon to make the Illumination/Universal animated prequel into the tenth-biggest grossing movie of all time. The Illumination production, distributed by Universal/Comcast CMCSA -0.39% Corp., is now the 10th biggest grosser in global box office history and the second-biggest animated feature ever behind the $1.274 billion total of Frozen. That includes $333 million in domestic earnings and an estimated $794 million overseas since opening in mid June overseas and in America on July 10th.

• Like 3

Oh the Minions haters who come to this thread to diss the film..

<_<

The film is the second highest animation of all time. Get over it guys. It's a huge success and great news for animation studios outside the Disney empire who deserve their moment in the sun.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 3

HIGHEST GROSSING FILMS OF ALL TIME WW

Titanic $2,186,772,302 - 1997

Jurassic World Dagger-14-plain.png $1,659,480,868 - 2015 

The Avengers $1,519,557,910 - 2012

Furious 7 $1,511,726,205 - 2015 

Avengers: Age of Ultron $1,402,382,882 - 2015 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 $1,341,511,219 - 2011 

Frozen $1,279,852,693 - 2013 

Iron Man 3 $1,215,439,994 - 2013 

Minions $1,124,700,000 - 2015

Thank god, Frozen will keep its rank of biggest animated movie, Minions doesn't deserve the top spot.

• Like 1

Thank god, Frozen will keep its rank of biggest animated movie, Minions doesn't deserve the top spot.

Second highest animated film all time and highest non-Disney animated film ever and highest animated film than any film ever made by Pixar or Dreamworks is good enough :)

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 2

BOOM!

MINIONS: $800.7M Overseas Total / $1.134B Global Total #Minions

MINIONS is now the second animated film in history to hit 800 million OS! The only other animated film that achieved this is FROZEN in 2013.

The film is now the 10th highest grossing film of all time worldwide 

Go Illumination!!

giphy.gif

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 3

There's no exact guess how DM3 will do, WW-wise? It could either be the second biggest or THE biggest of the series.

OS-wise, it's going to perform like a fourth film....since you got China, (even if Minions didn't break out as much as some people expected), and it's also a direct sequel to DM2. And almost all the other fourthquels have done great OS.

DOM-wise, on the other hand.....i think it could comfortably get to over $300M...if the WOM on DM3 is better than the WOM on Minions. Lowest grosser is the first one with $251M DOM...and since these minions are insanely popular...i really don't see it doing lower than that.

• Like 1

Fun fact: just realized that The Despicable Me franchise has made more than the Dark Knight franchise

Anyways: For DM3..I would say (as an uneducated guess): 310m DOM and 850m OS for a total of 1.16 billion.

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 3