Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers (Jan 2-4)

I wish Interstellar had the ability to get to 200 million but alas it will fall 10 million short or so barring a surprise Best Pic nod. I would have laughed if it could claw past Tele's club. :(:angry: :angry: :angry:

loooooooooooooooooooool

• Like 1

loooooooooooooooooooool

So long as Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close exists, I will always hold the tiniest of hopes for even a surprise Age of Extinction nod + TJ Miller Supporting Actor nod

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

So long as Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close exists, I will always hold the tiniest of hopes for even a surprise Age of Extinction nod + TJ Miller Supporting Actor nod

This reminds me, I need to watch Trans4mers. NEED. Maybe later today

Transformers: Age of Consent

• Like 3

Hobbit 3 now grossed 207mln in 17 days, thats very high number.

I wish it could cross $300m but the expected $22m for this weekend makes me think $280 might be a better place to aim. I was hoping for $25m+. I really wanted three movies to cross $300m for the year!

• Like 1

Tele's interstellar club will go down for the ages.

We saved a little bit of face. It took the strength of Nolanites around the world to do 5 viewings, but we've taken it as far as we could. Hail.

B+

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Do you guys think that Liongaste will announce MJ2 in 3D after Insurgent?

I think it depends on how much it helps Insurgent. If Insurgent opens over $70m and has a 30%+ 3D percentage, then yes. Also, if Insurgent increases a good amount from Divergent overseas.

Edited by Aplandg

Just walk to a redbox, it only costs a dollar

You'd do it for Interstellar

I'm broke.

Paying for those IMAX tickets ain't cheap when you've become an outcast to your brethren. At least I'm out of the doghouse for now.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

with a guaranteed 50% drop next week and lots of movies coming out in January to take away screens. I can't see how one could say otherwise.

Except DOS had exactly the same constraints/issues. Even if it basically acts like DOS from here on out, it's gonna easily cruise past it.

• Like 1

I wish Interstellar had the ability to get to 200 million but alas it will fall 10 million short or so barring a surprise Best Pic nod. I would have laughed if it could claw past Tele's club. :(:angry: :angry: :angry:

Needs to gross 5.8 times more than Thor 2 dailies the rest of the way to hit $200m. It grossed 5.75 times as much yesterday. Just have to see how it holds up with all the new releases in January, but it might come closer to $200m than you're expecting.

It needs to make 2.7 times as much as Thor 2 dailies to reach $190m, which seems pretty likely to happen. That number is going to keep going down as the film grosses 5 times as much money over the next week.

Interstellar has grossed 4.9 times more than Thor 2's dailies over the last 8 days (Friday to Friday). If that continues, it will reach $197m. That's close enough Paramount might actually find a way to Puerto Rico it to $200m.

Edited by redfirebird2008