Blankments

Blank's 14 Movies of 2014 That Would've Been Better Off Released As Blank Film Cartridges

I'm actually waiting for the one Christain movie that actually has something worth saying, not something thats already been done a trillion times.

Have you watched Take Shelter?

(It's not specifically Christian, if I recall correctly, but it has religion written all over it)

• Like 1

film_savingchristmas.jpg

In the words of the great George Takei, “Oh my...” It’s hard to talk about Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas. It’s the only movie on both of my lists that hasn’t leaked online, probably because it shouldn’t be considered a film. It’s barely 80 minutes, and has loads of filler to make it to this runtime. There’s an eight-minute-long dance sequence at the end of the movie set to a dubstep remix of “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. Why? Because without it, the movie would be 72 minutes, and probably unable to receive wide release. That said, I have to wonder what Kirk Cameron was on while filming this movie. It looks worse than most student films I’ve seen. The cameras aren’t stabilized at all during it. 80% of the movie is set in a stationary car, and although, yes, one of my top 28 movies of the year is entirely set in a car, Saving Christmas is so dully shot that it’s still a valid complaint. There’s even a GoPro shot of a guy literally diving into presents. The film opens with Kirk Cameron drinking hot chocolate and talking to the audience. I don’t really know how to describe Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas, but it is certainly a bad movie.

• Like 10

Here's a fun way to spend a few minutes of your time, watch this glorious video:

Can't believe I use to like that guy. then he goes on to state that we're all sinful. if we're all sinful then why does it matter if his kid turns out gay or not? "Oh son were all sinful, but I can't have you being that kind of sinful.." and he thinks he can just talk the gay out of his kids in one heart-to-heart talk XD.

• Like 2

Take Shelter isn't Christian at all IMO. A good choice would be Life of Pi

Sorry Blanks, didn't see your reply above Kirk Cameron.

It's about a man who has visions and wants to protect his family. It's your choice whether to believe him or not, and how you judge the consequences. Whenever you encounter a film involving schizophrenia, you can draw religious connotations - but Take Shelter particularly reminded me of a man named Noah. I really don't think it's a coincidence that they chose to use a storm (flood) in the film.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

Maleficent was absolute shit. One of the worst movies I've seen all year. A travesty that trashes and destroys both one of Disney's classic animated film and one of there all time classic villains.

Definitely not a movie I'd wanna rewatch anytime soon.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2