Fancyarcher

American Made | 9/29/2017

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

didn't you say the same when initial reports that The mummy sucks were coming ?? 

Uh huh.  And I stand by it.

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think these early screenings are valuable. they did have reshoots on the movie. proof that something wasn't working

If something wasn't working, then isn't that what reshoots are for?  Fixing something?  Lmao, you act like having reshoots equates to no confidence in the movie, it's gonna bomb, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, HesAPooka said:

Wonder Woman had reshoots...

Also, genuine question but why are only negative reactions believable for you?

well...i like being prepared for the worst.

also...show me a good reaction...:P

I showed you 20 positive reactions for every 1 negative for mummy and you still only bought the negative. Now it turned out mummy wasn't very good, but at that point there was no way for you to know that.

So again, why only buy the negative?

Just now, HesAPooka said:

I showed you 20 positive reactions for every 1 negative for mummy and you still only bought the negative. Now it turned out mummy wasn't very good, but at that point there was no way for you to know that.

So again, why only buy the negative?

because the sources weren't believable.  plus i knew from the people involved in writing/directing that it won't be a good movie.

in general ive learned its best to trust the negative reactions on twitter...for every movie. especially if its early screening when people see a movie for free they are more inclined to give it a good review. but when they post negative reactions, it means the movie truly sucks.

AM has screening in UK Monday. Let's see if we get any reactions. i'm pretty sure with Doug Liman involved, the movie won't be as bad as The Mummy.

Just now, That One Guy said:

...and a random IMDB source and a poster on AwardsWatch are?

posters at awardswatch are reliable. theyve seen the movie...that's more than you and i can say. its your choice to trust them or not. i think they have a good understanding of what makes a movie good.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

because the sources weren't believable.  plus i knew from the people involved in writing/directing that it won't be a good movie.

in general ive learned its best to trust the negative reactions on twitter...for every movie. especially if its early screening when people see a movie for free they are more inclined to give it a good review. but when they post negative reactions, it means the movie truly sucks.

AM has screening in UK Monday. Let's see if we get any reactions. i'm pretty sure with Doug Liman involved, the movie won't be as bad as The Mummy.

Neither were your negative ones.

But didn't you, and I'm going by memory here so might be mistaken, not trust the early negative reactions for Wonder Woman?

Agreed, worst case I expect around 50% RT.

4 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Neither were your negative ones.

But didn't you, and I'm going by memory here so might be mistaken, not trust the early negative reactions for Wonder Woman?

Agreed, worst case I expect around 50% RT.

yeah, its true i didn't want to believe the early reactions to WW (although the twitter reactions from screenings were great if i remember correctly)....but that was more wishful thinking. in the back of my head i was expecting the worst. thankfully it turned out great.

Edited by Alli

On 7/31/2017 at 4:33 PM, Alli said:

Pretty nice clips. although i still don't understand why they release this in the US a month after OS.  Why couldn't they release it in august?

Specially strange considering that Universal is releasing it in many euro market themselve:

Maybe because of some difficulty to get a worldwide release when they changed the date ?

In May 2015, Universal set the film for a January 6, 2017 release. On August 8, 2016, the film's release was pushed to September 29, 2017 with a new title, presumably to avoid competition with Amityville: The Awakening and Underworld: Blood Wars

Maybe it will be platform start in some of those early market that will go wide at the same time ?

Must be really uncommon for a major title to open a hole month in advance in a big and compatible/same language market like the UK, if it was not a big budget Cruise/Liman movie that release schedule and the fact that it was independently made would make it look like a dumped title a little bit.

1 hour ago, HesAPooka said:

Depends on reviews and how good the movie is. If the movie is good can very easily achieve a 3.3 multiplier being a cruise movie, his movie's are usually pretty leggy. @Alli

yes, but all signs point to being mediocre. so i don't know about legs.  this movie to me seems like something Scorsese could have directed...something like The wolf of wall street. that was awesome.  but i think it will be more like War Dogs...comedic, but not much substance from what awardswatch reported from screening. that movie opened with 15M and a total of 43M. we'll see.