Jandrew

Back To the Past: Jandrew Gets Cultured. Maltese Falcon, Arsenic, Blair Witch, etc.

^ lol ive seen half of those. Come on now I know I missed alot of oldies, but Im not incompetent :lol:

Ive seen 1,078 movies accoring to Letterboxd. They cant all be from last decade, lol.

I just look at your posts here lol; if it's not here, I'm guessing you haven't seen it :P

Sunset Boulevard

Watch them when you get a chance, Jandrew.

Ill watch it right now.

Damn, I missed that D:

Heres my Letterboxd so you can see what all Ive seen.

http://letterboxd.com/jandrew93/films/

That C for Commando?   :unsure:

I meant it was alright, I just couldnt have fun with it like I did with Predator and First Blood. And it felt like 2 different movies. I was also indifferent on Rae Dawn Chong (what a name). C's arent bad to me, just mediocre.

^ lol ive seen half of those. Come on now I know I missed alot of oldies, but Im not incompetent :lol:

Ive seen 1,078 movies accoring to Letterboxd. They cant all be from last decade, lol.

Until you watch Star Wars, we can only assume..... Haha

I hit 1,200 Films on my letterboxd yesterday, glad youre still keeping up with it

Edited by Jay Hollywood

Watched Sunset Blvd. I liked it. I liked the narration, and the screenplay plot. Thanks for the recommendation, Red. Also watched YOLT. Getting back on our Bond binge so we can get to Moonraker before summer. I wanna see Bond in space, I need to see this.

Not sure what to watch tomorrow. Got exam stuff to do, but I can still have something on in the background. Send me suggestions people!

I hit 1,200 Films on my letterboxd yesterday, glad youre still keeping up with it

Oh I love it, I use it everyday. Thanks for getting me hooked on it. I love seeing my log of films and seeing the older collection grow. I look at your profile and everyone elses every now and then.

I really do find it amazing though that I'm not too far behind you and Jack Nevada lol. I'm at 1,081. Jack is at 1,354. I thought you guys were the kings of movie watching around here, especially Jack...dudes watching 1920 black and white polish films, I'm surprised I'm only 100 behind you. 

Have you really not seen any of the Universal monster films and many 40's-60s films and what not, or have you just not filled everything in?

Ps who the fuck had the audacity to give this thread 1 star? I will find you. And I will kill you.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Since you liked Sunset Blvd I will rec more Billy Wilder

The Apartment

Some Like It Hot

Ace In the Hole

The Fortune Cookie

Stalag 17

One, Two, Three

Also, since you love North by Northwest more Hitchcock:

Rear Window

Notorious

Strangers On A Train

Psycho

Lady On A Train

Rebecca

Vertigo

More Sidney Poitier

Lilies of the Field  (my favorite Poitier performance for which he won an Oscar)

A Patch Of Blue

To Sir With Love

A Raisin in the Sun

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Movies I haven't seen in like 5 years and would be worth/needing rewatching I didn't log on my letterboxd.

Oh I cant do that, would drive my OCD crazy. I had to make sure I logged every single film my eyes have seen. Even the Disney Channel ones. Thats one thing about Letterboxd, I cant remember everything so I feel I forget some titles, and it drives me nuts. I feel im forgetti a Bruce Lee or too, and I dont remember which Air Bud I suffered through as a kid. Messes with me haha.

@Talisman, Ive seen Pyscho, Rear Window, and Vertigo, but Ill give the others a look. Thanks!

• Like 3

Abyss was good. Ahead of its time too. I like maritime settings for some reason, maybe because of where I'm from. Isn't Abyss in your top 100, Tele?

Anyway someone giving me others to watch today. I'd like to build up my 70's log. I was gonna do French Connection but don't feel like it. Preferably something a little shorter, and something I don't have to pay close attention too since I'm doing final projects. It doesn't have to be 70's, but what's something I can have in the background?

• Like 1

Watched Sunset Blvd. I liked it. I liked the narration, and the screenplay plot. Thanks for the recommendation, Red. Also watched YOLT. Getting back on our Bond binge so we can get to Moonraker before summer. I wanna see Bond in space, I need to see this.

Not sure what to watch tomorrow. Got exam stuff to do, but I can still have something on in the background. Send me suggestions people!

Oh I love it, I use it everyday. Thanks for getting me hooked on it. I love seeing my log of films and seeing the older collection grow. I look at your profile and everyone elses every now and then.

I really do find it amazing though that I'm not too far behind you and Jack Nevada lol. I'm at 1,081. Jack is at 1,354. I thought you guys were the kings of movie watching around here, especially Jack...dudes watching 1920 black and white polish films, I'm surprised I'm only 100 behind you. 

Have you really not seen any of the Universal monster films and many 40's-60s films and what not, or have you just not filled everything in?

Ps who the fuck had the audacity to give this thread 1 star? I will find you. And I will kill you.

I love it too I am addicted. am I following you? I think I'm at 1,080 or something. may have a couple years I didn't log though.

Oh I cant do that, would drive my OCD crazy. I had to make sure I logged every single film my eyes have seen. Even the Disney Channel ones. Thats one thing about Letterboxd, I cant remember everything so I feel I forget some titles, and it drives me nuts. I feel im forgetti a Bruce Lee or too, and I dont remember which Air Bud I suffered through as a kid. Messes with me haha.

@Talisman, Ive seen Pyscho, Rear Window, and Vertigo, but Ill give the others a look. Thanks!

I am exactly the same way!

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

This is why I have 2,640 movies on my watch list. So at least I have a file of what needs to be watched or rewatched. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood

Some films I feel are essential:

Persona - Ingmar Bergman

The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes - Stan Brakhage

Amadeus - Milos Forman

Mulholland Dr. - David Lynch

Cache - Michael Haneke

My Dinner with Andre - Louis Malle

Dogville - Lars von Trier

The Thin Red Line - Terence Malick

Sherlock Jr. - Buster Keaton

The Devils - Ken Russell

Hedgehog in the Fog - Yuriy Norshteyn

The Comedy - Rick Alverson

The Conversation - Francis Ford Coppola

Network - Sidney Lumet

Fanny & Alexander - Ingmar Bergman

Audition - Takashi Miike

Funny Games - Michael Haneke

Koyaanisqatsi - Godfrey Reggio

The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser - Werner Herzog

La sang des betes - Georges Franju

• Like 3

Well, shit, that rules out most good movies. What about SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT or CANNONBALL RUN?

Cannonball Run doesn't sound like a bad idea, and its short. My tempo. I'll find something better tonight that I can pay closer attention too. 

Good deal. Have you had a chance to see Treasure of the Sierra Madre?

Not yet. I'll put it in the title when I do. I'll give it go pretty soon, just gotta get in the right mood.

Some films I feel are essential:

Persona - Ingmar Bergman

The Act of Seeing with One's Own Eyes - Stan Brakhage

Amadeus - Milos Forman

Mulholland Dr. - David Lynch

Cache - Michael Haneke

My Dinner with Andre - Louis Malle

Dogville - Lars von Trier

The Thin Red Line - Terence Malick

Sherlock Jr. - Buster Keaton

The Devils - Ken Russell

Hedgehog in the Fog - Yuriy Norshteyn

The Comedy - Rick Alverson

The Conversation - Francis Ford Coppola

Network - Sidney Lumet

Fanny & Alexander - Ingmar Bergman

Audition - Takashi Miike

Funny Games - Michael Haneke

Koyaanisqatsi - Godfrey Reggio

The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser - Werner Herzog

La sang des betes - Georges Franju

Oh this is going to be interesting.

I love it too I am addicted. am I following you? 

You are, jandrew93.

• Like 1

This is an extremely good project you're doing, btw. I sort of did the same last year (watching classic movies) and I like to think my taste and ability to enjoy all kinds of movies have gotten way better as a result. This year I've focused more on alternative/avantgarde/controversial stuff and it's been really great.