Jandrew

Back To the Past: Jandrew Gets Cultured. Maltese Falcon, Arsenic, Blair Witch, etc.

If you're just trying to reach a set number of movies, isn't that missing the point?

It's not the point, but I'd like to see more than 1 a day if I'm able.

I didn't know it was so upsetting. I'll just watch when I'm free. 

Edited by Jandrew

I'm pretty sure Tarkovsky's trolling everyone when he says THE MIRROR is his most straightforward, obvious movie. :lol:

I wouldn't use those exact words but I sorta kinda get what he says? The Mirror is the kind of movie that hits you on a primal, emotional level much more so than on an intellectual one. It just picks you up and carries you away... at least that was my experience. You can still analyze it to death, but I wouldn't say it's as important as with Solaris, Stalker, or even Andrei Rublev. 

Alright, my final exam of the semester is tomorrow morning. No time for movies today, but after tonight you guys wont have to worry about me "working and watching." Okay? So what's some good-mood/feel-good films I could view tomorrow to celebrate being done with the semester? 

Not really anything with a lot of killing or invasions or f-words or dramatic angst. I want something that I can laugh to and/or just get good vibes off of. Thanks.

You could organize the OP better, like by decade and then year

Everything 70's and below is on the OP. I thought 80's movies were on there, but they were a couple posts below, my bad. I just added them to the OP. Everything I've seen since is listed as well. I can organize that later, can't at the moment.

I haven't bothered with 90's decade because I already seen many 90s movies before I started this and it'd be tedious.

Everythings listed on my Letterboxd as well.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Hmm I guess I'll choose. What about Liar Liar, Career Opportunities, Police Academy, Some Like It Hot, Naked Gun, Lethal Weapon, Swiss Family Robinson, Core (for campy fun and to see how bad it really is), Jumanji, Hook, Necessary Roughness, Big, A League of Their Own, My Cousin Vinny...

These are just some titles I found with some searches that I'd like to see soon. Others?

• Like 1

You didn't specify. For all I knew you were going to watch the special editions. It ain't worth it; even if the picture quality isn't as good on the original versions (boo for dumping old laserdisc versions on DVD) you should watch the films as they were to all of us who grew up on them before 1997.

Edited by TServo2049

You didn't specify. For all I knew you were going to watch the special editions. It ain't worth it; even if the picture quality isn't as good on the original versions (boo for dumping old laserdisc versions on DVD) you should watch the films as they were to all of us who grew up on them before 1997.

By the grace of my gf, I currently have all 6, in their normal edition form, on dvd. I have seen the prequels. I have not seen the originals. I'm watching the originals, in their original editions, not super 3D 40th anniversary silver gold edition deluxe betamax bluray extended cut.

What im watching is also in the title, for future reference.

Edited by Jandrew