baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

Looking over mine I think I did worse.

I totally missed the first week questions soo.. Baumer this isn't like school where you bump are lowest scores is it? :P

I lowered mine to $555m after the not as amazing WoM as I thought it would have.. still not low enough. on a positive note I'd say SW7 is almost guaranteed to be the highest grossing film of 2015 now.

SW7 is guaranteed 450m domestic just like avengers was guaranteed to have a 200m OW.

• Like 1

SW7 is guaranteed 450m domestic just like avengers was guaranteed to have a 200m OW.

I didn't think Avengers was guaranteed to hit $200m OW. but SW7 has like a 99.9% of hitting $450m. it wouldn't even be at ROTS attendance level to hit that. 

Ok, so I just spent about half an hour scouring for fun through the 27 pages, cause you know that's fun, and I need to say a couple things

1. So like an idiot I didn't notice all the countless posts that She's funny that way wouldn't count for lowest grossing, so I just edited it and said if u dont count that heres my second pick, but then I saw that it had a release date now, so do with that what u will, also if it does count then can i edit my top 5 lowest grossing since i see i didnt have it in that, i mustve only edited that part before then, and not where it said pick the lowest out of these 5

2. Does Kalo's prediction count, i couldnt find an answer on that

3. Someone asked if minions is a sequel and someone threw out i think that when this game happened 2 years ago that they counted monsters u as a sequel technically neither are sequels they are both prequels they take place before the original film

please answer these questions and just so u know if im allowed to change my lowest grossing stuff since none of the films have come out id just take out the number 5 and move everything down 1 and put shes funny that way at 1

• Like 1

If I remember right the new release date is after the cut off so it remains a moot release.

A list of eligible movies was badly needed, especially for the lowest grossing question. Plenty of movies which will likely be on that list changed their dates to either come in before the cutoff or move away.

That question is just a bonus anyway. You can't lose points for being wrong.

And avi, I strongly suggest you DO NOT edit your main post. Those questions are done and locked in, if you edit you will probably be disqualified.

Edited by CEDAR

Looks like those who were bullish with The Avengers should do well with this weeks questions.

The pessimists win week 1. Let's see if this continues a trend from years past where low balling everything remains the best strategy.

The pessimists win week 1. Let's see if this continues a trend from years past where low balling everything remains the best strategy.

That was certainly the winning strategy for the Winter Game.  

Since I had more than 1/4 of that game's Top15/Top10/OW guesses inaccurate enough to incur a penalty, I'm aiming for a little less optimism this time around.

Edit - If nothing else, my 552 on AoU will have plenty of company.

Edit2 - 

well just so u know thats the only thing i edited and i cant not edit it now so it be incredibly cheap if i get disqualified for editing something that hasnt even happened yet 

Well, that didn't take long.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

well it shouldnt matter, maybe if i edited something that was in progress but if i edit a question where none of the movies happened i doubt what avengers 2 did would change how i feel about my lowest grossing movie

Rules are rules though. ;)

Edited by Empire Out

It's up to us as players to read the original post carefully and get any questions answered before the game starts. If, for whatever reason a question wasn't answered or there's still some confusion, it's our responsibility just to make our best guess.

Again, these preseason questions are generally worth around +15k for a right answer and -8k or so for a wrong one. Getting several slots in your top 15 correct is worth hundreds of thousands of points. So, while it might be frustrating, in the grand scheme of things, if you do a good job on your Top 15/Top 10 you'll be fine... and if you didn't predict well, then even getting all the preseason questions right won't matter much.

• Like 1