Avatree

Return of the King is the Best Film of the Century. Fact.

this we already knew. Nothing to come could be as egregious as the prestige that high though.

I disagree, The Prestige is better than TDK, Batman Begins, Inception, Interstellar and Insomnia.

It is probably my least favorite film of his. I don't dislike any of his movies, but Inception, Interstellar and DKR. are his only truly great films imo. (I haven't seen Memento or Insomnia though) 

Edited by Kalo

63.39%

13_the-incredibles.png

Director: Brad Bird

Written by: Brad Bird

According to these forums, Brad Bird is the word. His picture about a family of superheroes - The Incredibles - powers its way on to our list at #15.

RT Consensus: "Even though The Incredibles is more violent than previous Pixar offerings, it's still a witty and fun-filled adventure that almost lives up to its name."

tumblr_lyacdeZKqC1qzgc80o1_500.gif

• Like 8

That is does! Still not the one I am talking about. :P

Well I doubt it's Steve Zissou or The Darjeeling Limited, and Rushmore and Bottle Rocket are movies for the 90's, so I guess it's The Royal Tenenbaums, which is also a film I really like.

Seriously Empire, could you possibly have made the film, anymore non specific then you have already. :P Still, I'll admit, you really stumped me good.

Edited by Fancyarcher

64.06%

77f977601aa37cd2efe6a3d04c91bed9.png

Director: Martin Scorsese

Written by: William Monahan

Our good old pals Scorsese and Dicaprio are back in the director's final mark on our list. The Departed shoots its way through the pack to reach spot #14.

RT Consensus: "Featuring outstanding work from an excellent cast that includes Jack Nicholson, Leonardo Dicaprio and Matt Damon, The Departed is a thoroughly engrossing gangster drama with the gritty authenticity and soupy morality that has infused director Martin Scorsese's past triumphs."

giphy.gif

• Like 4

only #14?

Would have figured higher. It was #10 on mine, though it should have been #11 since I accidentally left out Children of Men from my list.

Master and Commander hasn't shown up yet right? I know both Tele and I had it really really high and I figure others had to have given it love too...

Well I doubt it's Steve Zissou or The Darjeeling Limited, and Rushmore and Bottle Rocket are movies for the 90's, so I guess it's The Royal Tenenbaums, which is also a film I really like.

Seriously Empire, could you possibly have made the film, anymore non specific then you have already. :P Still, I'll admit, you really stumped me good.

I was talking about Darjeeling Limited. :ph34r:

I was talking about Darjeeling Limited. :ph34r:

Oh, OH! :angry: Well you certainly surprised me with your choice. Actually, The Darjeeling Limited isn't a bad film. Like most of his films, it's quite wacky and clever, and I like it for that.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

My thoughts on the list:

Thanks for doing this treeroy. great work!

Zodiac way too low... it belongs to the best of the best.

GotG, Kill Bill and Abrams' ST have absolutely no place on such lists imho.

I forgot Donnie Darko on my list. Great it ended up so high.

Gravity is where it should be as the best space movie of the 21st century.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere
  • Like 1