Avatree

Return of the King is the Best Film of the Century. Fact.

Lol what is with the liking of the Social Network.

It was just a very good movie about a guy being a jerk.

“This film may be sold as the story of a nineteen year old genius creating a billion dollar company ( which it is on the most basic level ) but really it's the story of naive teen who allows himself to be manipulated and makes choices impulsively. He walks away with a massive success but at what cost?"

- me

http://letterboxd.com/ethan_hunt/film/the-social-network/

Umm... The Winklewhatevers yeah, but Timbelink, no.

Manipulated implies that Timberlake's character used him to achieve his own ends and Zuckerberg got nothing or little out of it.

Except that Zuckerberg profits way way way more thank Timberlake AND Zuckerberg forces Timberlake out. So Zuckerberg in the end utilizes Timberlake's connections to get Facebook off the ground in Silicon Valley and once he doesn't need Timberlake (and Timberlake proves he is a liability with his drug use) forces him out for total control.

tumblr_mquvl3K2Wa1s0obffo3_250.gif

• Like 1

Manipulated implies that Timberlake's character used him to achieve his own ends and Zuckerberg got nothing or little out of it.

Except that Zuckerberg profits way way way more thank Timberlake AND Zuckerberg forces Timberlake out. So Zuckerberg in the end utilizes Timberlake's connections to get Facebook off the ground in Silicon Valley and once he doesn't need Timberlake (and Timberlake proves he is a liability with his drug use) forces him out for total control.

tumblr_mquvl3K2Wa1s0obffo3_250.gif

My point isn't that Zuckerberg wasn't successful on a business level, but there were other things that he lost as a result of becoming obsessed with making Facebook big and he saw Timberlink as a way to get and bought into certain things that he said and Mark lost certain things that might actually be worth more than the money he success that he found.

My point isn't that Zuckerberg wasn't successful on a business level, but there were other things that he lost as a result of becoming obsessed with making Facebook big and he saw Timberlink as a way to get and bought into certain things that he said and Mark lost certain things that might actually be worth more than the money he success that he found.

That's not what being manipulated is

• Like 2

That's not what being manipulated is

Whatever my word choice isn't perfect. The point is the movie isn't about a kid being an asshole, it's about kid being naive and having a “big success" but only to lose sight of other things that are just as if not more important.

Sorry I didn't do any last night, I was tired and I don't sleep healthily, but I got 17 hours of sleep last night :D

what

avengers missed the list here in these forums? seriously?

So, what movies are still missing? TSN, Wall-E, LOtR... and maybe Boyhood, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Drive?

By the way, TDK has constantly been in the Top 10 everytime we make a list of best movies of all time, and now it's not even Top 10 in the best movies of the century?

Different lists by different people will get different results :) likely the proportion of Nolanites who sent lists in was higher for those other threads. I ain't complaining, given that The Dark Knight wouldn't make it into my top 200 since 2000, let alone top 10 ever.

Um where did you hear avengers didn't make the list?

Although I don't want to give out many spoilers, when a franchise or director has their final film on the list, I like to say so.

I wonder what the reaction would be if The Avengers or Interstellar was #1.

Maybe I have been deceiving y'all. Alpha could be on to something here.

Edited by treeroy

76.83%

min261.jpg

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Written by: Paul Thomas Anderson

The tale of California's oil boom a hundred years ago, Paul Thomas Anderson makes his second, and final, appearance on our list, bringing with him the legendary Daniel Day-Lewis. There Will Be Blood mines through our list to reach a superb #9.

RT Consensus: "Widely touted as a masterpiece, this sparse and sprawling epic about the underhanded "heroes" of capitalism boasts incredible performances by leads Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Dano, and is director Paul Thomas Anderson's best work to date."

tumblr_mes0zonABO1rmceijo1_500.gif

• Like 7

77.32%

806459Boyhoodminimalistposter.png

Director: Richard Linklater

Written by: Richard Linklater

Filmed over 12 years, Richard Linklater's newest film is a story of growing up, and a genuinely remarkable cinematic achievement. It grows up past many excellent films on our list and finds its adulthood at an astounding rank #8.

RT Consensus: "Epic in technical scale but breathlessly intimate in narrative scope, Boyhood is a sprawling investigation of the human condition."

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Both totally deserve being in the TOP 10.

Boyhood might not show up in a TOP 10 list in 10 years... but I am pretty certain it will remain in the TOP 50 of many people's list for years to come.

Even if some people try to pretend that its critical success just comes from people wanting to look "artsy".

It was the most refreshing cinematic experience of 2014 (and several years before that).