CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

This thing is huge here. It is a 4 quadrant movie all the way. Just booked tickets for me, my brother and our dates for Thursday afternoon because everything before that is sold out. My date has already seen the movie yesterday and she is so excited about seeing it again. Haven't seen anything like this since The Wolf of Wall Street and that was a beast here.

Are you telling me.WoWS was 4 quadrant film...

April will always be the dead zone, with exceptions because its the place for studios to clear out clutter that can be slaughtered by the May onslaught.

April is no longer a dead-zone. And there are no exceptions

What percent drop is happening next weekend? most likely ? what u predicting?

Should be pretty hefty considered the front loaded nature of the series plus this was extra hyped so even more front loaded. A 60% drop wouldn't surprise me

Are you telling me.WoWS was 4 quadrant film...

It was here. In Romania the under 25 demo is the driving force and WoWs was massive with them (basically everyone in my college saw that movie; it is in top 15 highest grossing movies ever). It was also massive with older audiences, from 25 yo to very old people (a.k.a. Tele).

Edited by James

imo aou will have more hype than ta and still make less on ow. hype does not equal box office, divergent had more hype than american sniper

What world do you live on? AS had WAY more hype than Insurgent.

• Like 3

What world do you live on? AS had WAY more hype than Insurgent.

i didn't say insurgent i said divergent... i was saying that fandom hype doesn't account for walkups from the ga which is what gave thg, ta, as, f7 etc big ows. divergent had more buzz/hype from a large fanbase but its ow was proportional to and capped by that group, while as obviously didn't have a "fanbase" and so much less buzz/hype but it had way more casual/controversy success among the ga, resulting in a bigger ow/dom despite less pre-release buzz/ype.

so aou has a huge fanbase but that doesn't guarantee more than im3's ow, it depends on casual ga success and that won't necessarily be be as big as ta had, in fact it probably won't

• Like 1

no he isnt

GA hype >>> fandom hype

the reasons because the walkups where so big was because of the hype/buzz of the movies..

^^

Water is actually right on this one.

Edited by JOHN OF STEEL

For people who've been here since BOM: was the Dark Knight OW thread full of so many people trying to put a number to Ledger's death to how it aided the opening weekend?

For serious guys

deep down I think you already know the answer. 

especially since the opposite conversation took place the weekend of tdkr. about death taking away money.

• Like 1

no he isnt

GA hype >>> fandom hype

the reasons because the walkups where so big was because of the hype/buzz of the movies..

There was more of an immediate rush to see Divergent. The hype for AS wasn't visible till that opening day.

F7 is the kind of movie that I didn't love but liked, but felt such a connection with the end that I have seen it twice already and will definitely go a third.  It's an unconscious thing too.  I know it's not the best movie out there but the good stuff is so good that I have to see it again.

I have a feeling Furious 7 will be one of the five blockbusters nominated for BP at the Boffies, but no one will complain about it particularly since the ending is so fantastic

Massive Sunday for Fats 7 over here. Every theater is sold again tonight. Insane. If this didn't beat Twilight 5 as the biggest OW ever I blame theaters for not adding more shows.

23 Jump Street: Medical School

Would rather have Fast and Furious x Pacific Rim x Jurassic World x Fifty Shades of Grey

deep down I think you already know the answer. 

especially since the opposite conversation took place the weekend of tdkr. about death taking away money.

Ooh, good point

To be fair, I wasn't using these boards in TDKR weekend; I was addicted to CAYOM back then :P