CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Holy crap if Furious is pulling this for Good Friday imagine how huge BvS will be opening on Good Friday.

If the marketing campaign is as good as we think it will be (and apart from Edge of Tomorrow, WB marketing has always been good recently), it can be a big surprise next year at this time.

Holy crap if Furious is pulling this for Good Friday imagine how huge BvS will be opening on Good Friday.

bvs wil have essentially the same friday as f7, just much higher previews and slightly better saturday/sunday

Niagara Falls. Let it flow.

Tele, did you sob?

No shame, I cried for about eight minutes

Kurt Russell choosing F&F7 over Expendables is easily one of the greatest career choices of all time

BAHAHA, do you mind if I tweet this?

TA2 is next for me and then I'm probably done for the Summer.

Skip TA2 and go for the real action, two weeks later.

It all depends what's % sample data ends up being too overall total, it can vary a lot and just up to couple % diff can means millions

So what you're saying is high-40s. :lol:

Edited by Telemachos

It all depends what's % sample data ends up being too overall total, it can vary a lot and just up to couple % diff can means millions

How is it doing in Mexico? That's why I'm here.

So some of you think PWs death has caused a 35M+ increase in OW?

Ledgers death caused a 100M+ Increase for TDK?

Ok.

A Mad Max trailer played at my screening. It was the best time to use the restroom before the movie.

Nah they were both gonna naturally increase anyway. I'd say Ledger added about 50m and Walker added about 20m to the OW.

But that's all pure speculation and there's no way to know for sure  ;)

Actually I think Fast 7 has shown how great of a day Good Friday is for such a film.

It turns into a Saturday.

My point is I don't think BvS will be doing much if any more than Furious 7 on OW Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

Tele will put a hex on you if you don't watch Fury Road. He learnt to be a warlock sometime in the dark ages.

I may have seen the teaser online before. Not my type of movie. I may catch Ted 2 though.

so the ceiling seems $13,000 per screen average Friday.  (13,000)(4004) = 52,052,000.

guessing Saturday at $11,000.  (11,000)(4004) = 44.04 (I would say 10,500 but matinees should be strong before college hoops)

and $8,000 Sunday (more like 7,000 so optimists can just subract 4 million from my estimate).  (8)(4004) = 32.03

F: 52.05 + 15.8 = 67.85

S: 44.04

Sunday: 28-32.03

143.92 opening weekend $35,944

139.92 opening weekend with more normal Sunday drop, $34,944

something to look at is once again, the tenpole seems to be 35,000 PSA.  Dark Knight, Hunger Games, Dark Knight Rises, Catching Fire all near 35PSA without 3D.  maybe a holiday Sunday boost that works in a films favor will finally bump up a non-3d tentpole to 40K PSA.  perhaps memorial day

• Like 2

Also as a box office Nerd if Fast 7 does over 50 million day business on Friday, that will be a very very very impressive box office achievement. 

Only 3 films ever have ever done that.

• Like 1