#ED

Dragon Ball Super (New DBZ Series)

With the success of two new anime films, the Dragon Ball franchise will officially launch a new anime series this July. The new series will be titled Dragon Ball Super and include the events of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, "Battle of Gods" and "Resurrection of F" while ignoring Dragon Ball GT.

kZoZSER.jpg

Dragon Ball Super, a new DBZ series from Akira Toriyama, will reportedly start "a few years after the defeat of Majin Buu, during a time when the Earth is peaceful". There's not a lot of details at this time but Dragon Ball fans around the globe are very excited by the news.  The main question on most minds is just where will the series begin in terms of continuity, before or after the new films? Expect more details on the project to be revealed as the series premiere date draws closer.

• Like 2

Not excited. Animation style in new movies look like totall shit, those colours, CGI, animation, movements, everything... So I'll take that new anime with very big reservations. But I'll check it, definitelly.

Not excited. Animation style in new movies look like totall shit, those colours, CGI, animation, movements, everything... So I'll take that new anime with very big reservations. But I'll check it, definitelly.

I agree. Battle of the Gods went overboard with all that crap but they seem to have learned their lesson and toned it down in revival of F.

• Like 1

Just watched this weeks episode of DBZ Kai, as they took the fight with Buu to the kaioshin realm. That was some freaking gorgeous animation this week.

I know this isn't the thread for it, but that felt like a completely different episode from the rest of the series. My memory isn't that fresh (it's been a long time obviously). Was this episode that good looking back in the original DBZ, or did they re-do a lot of this episode?

Okay, I got enough of a kick out of the first episode. It was obviously pretty much action-free, just setting up where the characters are now, but it was nice to see everyone being happy. Goten and Trunks were perfect. Mr Satan was great, and while Videl had a nice moment, I'm not exactly a huge fan of what they did with her. She looks nice and all, but when we first met her, she was a fiery ass-kicker, but now they've completely domesticated her and toned her down. I hope she gets the chance to do something physical at least once in this series.

And the teaser for next week was great.

Vegeta on that train. What a shot! I know some people are going to hate that, but I loved it. Don't worry, he'll get his chance to get angry and start punching aliens soon enough.

Videl, when we first met her, she was a fiery ass-kicker, but now they've completely domesticated her and toned her down.

Like Chi+Chi, and Bulma, and every female character so far. Sigh.

Do I have to know the latest movies to watch this?

Do I have to know the latest movies to watch this?

No.

I've heard that this show may hit somewhere around 100 episodes, and (spoiler for what plot we might see over parts of the show)

the first two arcs will actually cover the Battle of the Gods movie and the Resurrection of Frieza movie, and only after that will they head into really new territory.

• Like 1