kayumanggi

WEEKEND ACTUALS | PITCH PERFECT II 69.2 M | MAD MAX: FURY ROAD 45.4 M | AVENGERS: AOU 38.9 M

My guess is that PP2 had to be very close behind MM in all those theaters.  How else do you explain MM being the top dog in so many yet losing out to PP2 by more than 20 mill?

PP2 probably played broader. Smaller theaters getting stronger numbers and all.

• Like 1

Now I get it.  I always thought that was a list of the highest grossing theatres and then the movie you listed was simply #1 in that theatre.

No no its Top engagements. Can often be theatres listed more than once(get more than 20 can be 2,3,4 times) Daily Variety use to publish top10 Its Same with international ones, so basically its what is the highest grosses then the associated theatre & film . so if the highest gross is say 300k that will be X theatre and Y film if next highest is 290k it could be same theatre and different film and so on.

To do the highest grossing theatres  for week or longer than what is top film at that theatre ,that's a completely different report type.

• Like 2

Furious 7 is about to pass Avengers (unadjusted) worldwide, just insane given its the seventh entry. $1.5b lol

Unadjusted is a moot point when F7 had to deal with less flattering exchange rates and didn't have 3D domestically or in Europe.

• Like 1

Are you still upset about what happened a few days ago?

No. I am upset about how it's so easy for people to think I create a thread just because I want to be the first one to make it where in fact all I did was to simply post the actual numbers. I actually think I deserve an apology but I'm sure I won't get one.

No. I am upset about how it's so easy for people to think I create a thread just because I want to be the first one to make it where in fact all I did was to simply post the actual numbers. I actually think I deserve an apology but I'm sure I won't get one.

To be fair, those early morning numbers weren't actuals, they were revised estimates that happened to be very close to the actuals. Rth reported the same last night.

Even if you wanted to be the first, who cares? It doesn't matter at all. Of all things to get offended over, and it's THIS? No one cares at all.

Just do yourself a favor and get over it.

To be fair, those early morning numbers weren't actuals, they were revised estimates that happened to be very close to the actuals. Rth reported the same last night.

Sorry, but the one posted by Gitesh is exactly what boxoffice.com reported. When someone says 'final', isn't it normal to think that's the actual number? There can't be anything beyond final, right? This shouldn't really be a big deal. I just find it wrong to accuse me and think that I made the thread because I wanted to be the first one. Like for what? And it was done while the thread was locked. I couldn't even defend my self. Then another would tell me I am actually worse than Neo when, just like what I said, all I did was post the real weekend number.

• Like 1

Phenomenal increase for FF7 with no 3D (US and Europe) and bad exchange rates. The fact that this is about to surpass a phenomenon like The Avengers makes its success even more mind boggling.

Just like the Batman series uptick, the franchise is likely to get to the next level. While FF8 may not  come close to FF7's WW gross, it is likely to cross $1 Billion with the renewed interest in the series on a much bigger scale.

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

Phenomenal increase for FF7 with no 3D (US and Europe) and bad exchange rates. The fact that this is about to surpass a phenomenon like The Avengers makes its success even more mind boggling.

Just like the Batman series uptick, the franchise is likely to get to the next level. While FF8 may not  come close to FF7's WW gross, it is likely to cross $1 Billion with the renewed interest in the series on a much bigger scale.

Furious 7 was almost always going to pass 1B WW (the last 2 installments did come close). No one expected a 1.5B+ though.