CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

Idk, we get melodramatic about release dates a lot but just got to wait and see how they both perform at the box office I guess. I suspect it won't be the bloodbath people fear. Do wish this had gone in August for my anxiety's sake but I've said enough about that already, nothing that can be done now but wait 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Human said:

@WebSurferNo individual did.  somebody at Universal and somebody else at Paramount picked.  They both want to be the animated film for September, and think they will win.

One of them really should have been moved to 8/23. Oh well.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 1:00 AM, El Squibbonator said:

Sorry to double-post, but the rating has been revealed. It's PG. I'm not gonna lie-- I'm kind of disappointed. I was really looking forward to the possibility of a PG-13 animated movie.

To ease your fears: it actually gets surprisingly dramatic and violent in the third act (some very visceral on-screen deaths). 

But they’re robots. So it gets a pass in the ratings.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

With wom and reviews seemingly strong how high can this go? 

I would still keep expectations in check. Mutant Mayhem did like $180m last year. I think TF is a stronger brand (and One is a way better movie), so I do think something like $250m WW is doable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thajdikt said:

With wom and reviews seemingly strong how high can this go? 

Not that high.  Bumblebee was given huge praise and only got 127M when theater culture was way bigger.  Most people are not interested in a Transformers movie not connected to the Bay films at this point.

• Disbelief 1

I suspect normie reaction won't be as strong as the geek reaction, so Mutant Mayhem numbers seem realistic. I actually think this movie will be hurt more by Wild Robot opening after it than the other way around. It'll have a week of being the new big cartoon in theaters but then the presumptive prestige release comes out right after it and takes all the PLF.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

I suspect normie reaction won't be as strong as the geek reaction, so Mutant Mayhem numbers seem realistic. I actually think this movie will be hurt more by Wild Robot opening after it than the other way around. It'll have a week of being the new big cartoon in theaters but then the presumptive prestige release comes out right after it and takes all the PLF.

Wild Robot ain’t taking all the PLF. It’s taking some, but Paramount managed to strong arm its way into keeping many for TF.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

Wild Robot ain’t taking all the PLF. It’s taking some, but Paramount managed to strong arm its way into keeping many for TF.

Wild Robot and Megalopolis both are getting PLF/IMAX that week. Then Joker taking the rest. Transformers loses PLFs on Thursday, 9/26.

40 minutes ago, YM! said:

Wild Robot and Megalopolis both are getting PLF/IMAX that week. Then Joker taking the rest. Transformers loses PLFs on Thursday, 9/26.

Interesting. I guess I misread Deadline’s story when TF and Wild Robot moved dates. I’ll go back and check again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AniNate said:

It should make at least $200M+ worldwide, since TMNT did very poorly overseas.

On 8/22/2024 at 6:47 AM, Human said:

Not that high.  Bumblebee was given huge praise and only got 127M when theater culture was way bigger.  Most people are not interested in a Transformers movie not connected to the Bay films at this point.

And animated films and live action are two different animals.

• Like 1

In cooperation with AMC Theatres, B&B Theatres, and Regal Cinemas, a specially graded and mastered version of “Transformers One” will be shown in five newly-equipped HDR By Barco cinema auditoriums starting Sept. 20 when the movie opens wide in the U.S. The locations are AMC Americana at Brand 18 in Glendale; AMC Barrywoods 24 in Kansas City; B&B Theatres Red Oak 12 in Dallas; Regal Dania Pointe, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale; and Regal Times Square in New York.

I would have checked it out if our Regal had gotten this, but hey, new film format.