#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

San Andreas actually had a great hold. This could've been a nice 150m+ leggy hit if not for Jurassic World.

Mad Max is still chugging. Should be at 143.5m at the end of the weekend, will probably hit 150m before it leaves theaters.

But it is going to get to $150-155 million since it has no competition next weekend  :lol:

Just curious, what would you see as disappointing? I think anything under 90 would be regarded as a disappointment, but I highly doubt that its happening.

It's going under. 100+ is impossible. 90+ is wishful thinking. IO is stronger than you think and JW's popularity is fading fast. That's why it's a fluke.

It doesn't need to stay flat Sunday like MOS to hit $100 million. That would be fantastic though lol.

I don't see a Saturday bump past 38M. If that happens, then we can talk 100M weekend.

For the record, I'm not rooting against the movie. I love to see records broken. JW has proven its a monster. This is just one record I believe TA will keep. If it doesn't, great for JW and good for us since it gives us something exciting to talk about.

• Like 2

It needs that for the 2nd weekend record. 

Agreed or at least close to that. Unless of course today is something jawdropping. I don't rule that out given the fact a PIXAR movie just opened over $30m last night and was bound to have stole some thunder on that particular day.

It's going under. 100+ is impossible. 90+ is wishful thinking. IO is stronger than you think and JW's popularity is fading fast. That's why it's a fluke.

90M+ is locked. 

• Like 1

Hate to break it to you, but breaking the opening weekend record isn't something that happens by accident

• Like 3

IO is a stronger film with the Pixar brand. JW's success was a fluke and it's crumbling against stronger competitors. TA will keep the rest of its records.

OMG! :o  Is JW going to make it to the next weekend or are cinemas going to throw it out because of the rate at which it's crumbling? I really hope the film makes at least $300m DOM before crumbling to oblivion. I'm so heartbroken JW is crumbling away in the face of the mighty Inside Out which is going to outgross Jurassic World (and perhaps Avatar) because of the Pixar brand!  :rolleyes:

Obvious troll is obvious. Haters gonna hate. #JurassicJuggernaut 

• Like 1

Inside Out is certainly a juggernaut, but that's what's so great about this weekend is that it somehow is finding room for both movies.

I don't see a Saturday bump past 38M. If that happens, then we can talk 100M weekend.

For the record, I'm not rooting against the movie. I love to see records broken. JW has proven its a monster. This is just one record I believe TA will keep. If it doesn't, great for JW and good for us since it gives us something exciting to talk about.

The Sat bump will be smaller than some people think. I am predicting 36M right now. 

Agreed or at least close to that. Unless of course today is something jawdropping. I don't rule that out given the fact a PIXAR movie just opened over $30m last night and was bound to have stole some thunder on that particular day.

Today nothing jaw dropping will happen, IMO. IO has stolen the thunder with families.

OMG! :o  Is JW going to make it to the next weekend or are cinemas going to throw it out because of the rate at which it's crumbling? I really hope the film makes at least $300m DOM before crumbling to oblivion. I'm so heartbroken JW is crumbling away in the face of the mighty Inside Out which is going to outgross Jurassic World (and perhaps Avatar) because of the Pixar brand!  :rolleyes:

Obvious troll is obvious. Haters gonna hate. #JurassicJuggernaut 

you are joking right? sarcastic? please tell me you are