CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Saw Minions.  Didn't like it all that much.  It was humourous in parts but it just felt like it was a skit that went too long.

But the audience I saw it with seemed to love it.

• Like 4

There was a row of people who laughed hysterically at every joke.  And these  were adults.  So I think this will have some terrific legs.  People love the minions.

• Like 3

Agreed on all fronts. I think JW is going to finish within like 5m of Titanic, whether it be over or under. IO's hold is amazing considering it's playing against the potential all time animated OW movie this weekend. It truly is having fantastic WOM that even I underestimated. I guess some of those 350 predictions are a possibility after all.

350 is pretty much locked with that hold and minimal competition until September.

A 4x from 17.7 is 70.8. 353-355 million. Considering it's in the 4th weekend, a 4x from that is pretty reasonable. A 4.5x-5x possible too, if Pixels has a minimal effect

Edited by mahnamahna

IO and JW's numbers on Movietickets have been increasing one percent by one percent by one percent. Always just 1% apart from each other.

They are now 5.3% and 5.2%

Their marriage is weird

marriage made in the drive-in
  • Like 4

Rth, can Universal request that drive-ins show two of their movies together? Or aren't they that concerned?

They can sell a program, but if say drive-in comes and want to book Minions + IO, both studios need to agree, one of the things with mix studio program they will want to deal for different shares of the pie, so there's a bit of negotiation needed.
  • Like 3

They can sell a program, but if say drive-in comes and want to book Minions + IO, both studios need to agree, one of the things with mix studio program they will want to deal for different shares of the pie, so there's a bit of negotiation needed.

hoping IO and JW got solid increases today. They deserve $7M+ today.

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks.