WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Is an Ant-man sequel possible? it's going to perform in line with the first CA and Thor so i dont see why Marvel would leave that money off the table. Unless they see no potential for higher grosses.

Likely in Phase 4.

Mad Max opened at 45 million and did 170 million, not sure I am following you. 

please don't take this as a bad thing... just saying....please explain.

Mad Max is only at 150.

• Like 1

Is an Ant-man sequel possible? it's going to perform in line with the first CA and Thor so i dont see why Marvel would leave that money off the table. Unless they see no potential for higher grosses.

I mean they're gonna throw us stuff like Captain Marvel, I'm sure an Ant-Man sequel has more potential than that

Mad Max opened at 45 million and did 170 million, not sure I am following you. 

please don't take this as a bad thing... just saying....please explain.

I said MCU. What does Mad Max have to do with the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Mad Max is at $150m, not $170m. Pretty massive difference between those two numbers.

For a film IMHO that is second to the original IRON MAN in terms of best Marvel films people are sure down on it on these boards.

I already have had several friends text me and say, damn it was good and they are passing the word.

You mean according to your preference? I'm pretty sure that by GA TA, GotG and maybe WS ranks higher than IM.

It'll do somewhere in the 50's, by then Ant-Man will be below 20M on the weekend.

critics who have seen an early cut of the film tore it up. Some said MI3 was better than this... Not sure about this film. Other critics have said that it's good, sounds mixed which isn't good for the BOX

Considering the film IMHO is the second best Marvel film next to IRON MAN, no!! However, the second weekend (after the word gets out thats it;s good) should be one of the least drops in Marvel history.

WOM may do well here.

I think it's 3rd worst after IM2 and Thor2 and probably on par with IM3 so IMO Ant-Man number is exactly what it deserves.

It's in "very fun to watch but nothing memorable nor special" category.

critics who have seen an early cut of the film tore it up. Some said MI3 was better than this... Not sure about this film. Other critics have said that it's good, sounds mixed which isn't good for the BOX

What the fuck? Early reception for M:I 5 has been insanely positive. ( by the way M:I 3 is fucking great)

I mean they're gonna throw us stuff like Captain Marvel, I'm sure an Ant-Man sequel has more potential than that

Hey, there's tons of potential for the Captain Marvel movie.

Really? I've heard nothing but good things.

So far early critical reaction has been extremely positive. Not sure what you have been reading.

• Like 1

I would say Ant-Man is a potential candidate to die in Infinity War :lol: Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

What the fuck? Early reception for M:I 5 has been insanely positive. ( by the way M:I 3 is fucking great)

Oh! I like MI3 also, but it is the worst in the publics eye.

I am a MI fan man, relax, lol

one of my favorite series....

Hey, there's tons of potential for the Captain Marvel movie.

Eh... I don't know anything about the project but something about it already rubs me the wrong way. TBH, she's every bit as if not more unheard of than Ant-Man. I feel like with Ant-Man being well received its sequel would have more potential

The questions isn't just "how much would Ant-Man 2 make?" The question is "how much would Ant-Man 2 make after folks who skipped it in the theater watched it on tv at home, and then saw the character show up in Civil War and Infinity War?" With that type of visibility being given to characters thanks to the connected nature of the MCU, there's certainly room for growth.

Eh... I don't know anything about the project but something about it already rubs me the wrong way. TBH, she's every bit as if not more unheard of than Ant-Man. I feel like with Ant-Man being well received its sequel would have more potential

Captain Marvel would have been better as a Hispanic or Asian woman rather than a white one.