grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Just for the hell of it, not that any of this is necessary:

JW:  9.5/10

Avengers 2:  5/10

Mad Max:  8/10

Inside Out:  8/10

Minions:  6.5/10

San Andreas:  8.5/10

Spy:  9/10

Ant-Man:  8.5/10

Terminator: 7/10

Poltergeist:  610

Ted 2:  7/10

Insidious 3:  6.5/10

Trainwreck:  9/10

It Follows:  9.5/10

The Gallows:  6/10

Hot Pursuit:  6.5/10

Aloha:  7/10

Pixels:  8/10

Self/Less:  9/10

Bahubaali:  9/10

I think these are all the summer movies I've seen.

It Follows isn't summer, it came out in like April. I mention this just because I'm not listing it lol

Avengers: Age of Ultron A-
Mad Max: Fury Road A+
Tomorrowland C-
Pitch Perfect 2 B
San Andreas B+
Jurassic World B-
Inside Out A+
Spy B+
Ant-Man B-
Mr. Holmes B+
Pixels B+
Minions F
  • Like 1

I still buy lots of dvds though since here it's the only format for most old/niche/cult movies.

As you know, besides big movies or a random smaller movie for no reason (like Blackhat), the majority of movies only comes out on DVD.

The only Blu-Rays I picked up from 2014 are Boyhood and LEGO. Might get Interstellar and Whiplash soon though, and I'll definitely pick up the Criterion of Budapest when it hits in two years.

This year so far, I only see myself getting Inside Out or Mad Max

No... I use it all the time when I'm over at my friends house though

In class back in April, we had to do this budgeting assignment. We were "given" 500 dollars and told what we wanted to buy for "living essentials". Then the teacher had to have a talk with the entire clas the next day about our priorities because EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US included "Netflix" on our list.

As you know, besides big movies or a random smaller movie for no reason (like Blackhat), the majority of movies only comes out on DVD.

Some companies do only dvds for new releases, like I didnt initially buy The Wind Rises and Blue is The Warmest Color since the distributor decided not to put out a BD