K1stpierre

Wild Tales (2015)

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

50/50 on this. I thought the opening on the plane, the two guys fighting on the roadside and the wedding were all pretty great. Perfect amount of escalating absurdism in all of those. However I must say the other three were either forgettable (took me a minute to remember the part in the diner even happened) or just pretty lame.

Not sure why this got so much praise. It's funny at times, I guess, but it feels like an extended TV episode. It's not *that* clever and I could easily watch this at home, there's really nothing here that's too cinematic. Lot of the episodes end like they didn't have an idea for a real conclusion (the parking ticket episode/the sequence with the rich kid who killed someone, which started out GREAT btw)

I did enjoy the wedding scene, though.

The roadside part and the wedding were glorious. (The latter sorta comes off like a 25-minute version of Gone Girl except better and funnier, and with an unexpectedly moving conclusion). The parking ticket part and the prologue on the plane were very good too. The diner part and especially the overlong completely unfunny story of that rich family bring it down from greatness, but I still really liked it.