kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

30 minutes ago, ban1o said:

i guess but idk I feel like they should have a general idea of the reception. The good reviews will definitely help it I think if it stays above 75. 

Critics are assholes for the most part.  How can you possibly predict what they are going to say about a film?

• Like 2

during the week I'm usually up by 4 a.m. or 4:30 by the latest. This movie starts at 10 tonight which means I'll be home around midnight. So this better be as good as I hope and think that it will be lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baumer said:

during the week I'm usually up by 4 a.m. or 4:30 by the latest. This movie starts at 10 tonight which means I'll be home around midnight. So this better be as good as I hope and think that it will be lol

Bless your soul. I hope it's worth it for you! 

• Like 1

Collet-Serra is a pretty underrated director. Even in some of his past films that didn't quite work you can easily see a filmmaker that has a style and knows what he's doing.

He's an old school genre type director who works in midlevel budget films and doesn't mind staying there and not try bigger. Until now that is.

This movie looked fun from the start and i'm glad that it's getting some solid reviews. I hope it'll find an audience.

• Like 2

Just got out from a 7 PM screening (which was sold-out...surprised by that) 

Quick thoughts for now: 

1). Blake Lively is a bad ass. She's everything and more in this movie. A career defining performance from her for sure. She looks fantastic in the film and really delivers a killer performance. 

2). Best supporting actor needs to go to that damn seagull. 

3). This is one of the best JCS films ever. Amazing visually and the way the tension builds up throughout the film is something else. 

4). I had a lot of anxiety watching the film. 

Lastly, its a great popcorn flick. Dont expect some master piece and you won't be disappointed. 

I'll have a more detailed review later on. 

Solid 8/10 

PS people in my theater loved it. I definitely think it'll have an audience. Even if it's not through theaters but through home video. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 6