Gopher

Monday #s

I also really like Halloween 4.

I may like H5 & H6 more than some but recognize their dip in quality. Still as a trilogy of sorts I like it.

Then at H2O I feel we got another directional shift that led into Resurrection(which was sheer lunacy).

That killed things and we got the even more inferior Rob Zombie Halloween two-fer of films. 

• Like 1

I actually ( for the first time in about three years) re watched Zombies Halloween last night. I hate hate hated it when i first saw it. Now i just strongly dislike it. Theres some good stuff in it but the film is ruined by a horrible script and horribly awful characters who talk like no one i know.....bitch i will skull fuck the shit out of you.

Come on. Such idiocy. Zombies a great film maker imo and Lords of Salem is one of my fave horror films of the last ten years but he fucking has no clue what Halliween is all about.

When they brought in the Interloper storyline, it became that instead of simple concept of an escaped mental patient..

That wasn't in the first four.

Glad you still have it. It's still the best Blu ray I've ever purchased. The transfer is just beautiful. I understand what you're saying about the sequel but I just look at it like we already establish everything in the first one and the second one just goes right for all the horror and the killings lol

I think I'm watching Jaws tonight on my new 4k. :) 

I'm one of the few who actually likes "film mode" where the TV fills in the "blanks" between frames. It made Jurassic Park and Star Wars look amazing. Curious what it does for Jaws.

I'm one of the few who actually likes "film mode" where the TV fills in the "blanks" between frames. It made Jurassic Park and Star Wars look amazing. Curious what it does for Jaws.

Begone, infidel! Turn that crap off!

• Like 2

Begone, infidel! Turn that crap off!

So why "experienced" critics, bloggers & cinephiles shouted in unison the same drivel when the first images of The Hobbit in 48 FPS when presented to this fine assembly of people :

it looks like TV !!! Horrible !!!! 48 FPS : Kill With Fire ! Movies are in 24 FPS, I like my movies BLURRY ! 

The buzz was so bad that the format was never adopted by anybody, I am not even sure Hobbit 3 had showings in 48FPS ...

Dead on arrival.

WWCD ??????????

I wonder.

So why "experienced" critics, bloggers & cinephiles shouted in unison the same drivel when the first images of The Hobbit in 48 FPS when presented to this fine assembly of people :

it looks like TV !!! Horrible !!!! 48 FPS : Kill With Fire ! Movies are in 24 FPS, I like my movies BLURRY !

The buzz was so bad that the format was never adopted by anybody, I am not even sure Hobbit 3 had showings in 48FPS ...

Dead on arrival.

WWCD ??????????

I wonder.

Hobbit 3 was still released in 48FPS.

Dead on arrival.

WWCD ??????????

I wonder.

The two are completely different; I'm sure you know this.

The two are completely different; I'm sure you know this.

Why all reviews said the format looked like those TV modes, then  ?

48FPS never had the chance, everyone agreed it was demeaning movies.

Wait, so like wide screen?....