CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

That's another cop out and untrue. You said it may be THE WORST not ONE OF THE WORST. There's a big difference, just say you were wrong and let's move on from this.

You must have misread my post. It always said one of, not the worst. :lol:

Well, it's the worst 600m grosser by a country mile, does that count?

There is no drama here. I would argue it isn't because Avengers, but it is quite acceptable. 

You must have misread my post. It always said one of, not the worst. :lol:

The art of misdirection will not work, but nice try.

He earned the hate. Jurassic World is one of the worst blockbuster of recent memory & maybe of all-time.

"One of" is only attached to the first part of the sentence. Once there is an "and" in any sentence it could easily be replaced by a period, hence all that is said before the "and" is part of the first statement that "Jurassic World is one of the worst blockbusters in recent memory". The second part only says "maybe of all time". There is no "one of". It's a hyperbolic statement that I proved untrue by your own admissions. Case closed, just admit it sheesh.

• Like 1

What's wrong with being hyperbolic? I basically share his opinion (with the caveat for movies I've seen).

Hmmm erghhhhhh

Rth? Gopher? Spatula? Anyone? Please?

"One of" is only attached to the first part of the sentence. Once there is an "and" in any sentence it could easily be replaced by a period, hence all that is said before the "and" is part of the first statement that "Jurassic World is one of the worst blockbusters in recent memory". The second part only says "maybe of all time". There is no "one of". It's a hyperbolic statement that I proved untrue by your own admissions. Case closed, just admit it sheesh.

Get over it dude lmao

• Like 8

I didn't know I had to put one of for both parts. It was meant for both parts. Sorry for the confusion & for bothering you with my opinion. :mellow:

jesus christ, cool your balls plz
  • Like 4

What's wrong with being hyperbolic? I basically share his opinion (with the caveat for movies I've seen).

Hyperbole is not true, it's a lie, that's why I have problems with it and it's usually used to buffer up someone's argument when they aren't very confident in it. So out of all the blockbusters you've seen Jurassic World is the worst? So what of my list? Jurassic World is the worst out of all listed?

• Like 1

Hyperbole is not true, it's a lie, that's why I have problems with it and it's usually used to buffer up someone's argument when they aren't very confident in it. So out of all the blockbusters you've seen Jurassic World is the worst? So what of my list? Jurassic World is the worst out of all listed?

It's not a lie. I think it's a lousy movie and one of the worst blockbusters I've seen in recent years.

Come at me, bro. :)

• Like 3

I didn't know I had to put one of for both parts. It was meant for both parts. Sorry for the confusion & for bothering you with my opinion. :mellow:

No worries about the confusion, it's all good, now you know. Nice touch for adding the end bit to make people feel sympathy for you.

I liked Jurassic World, is it the greatest blockbuster of all time? No, it was a fun movie, that's it. I will defend it from anyone saying it's the worst blockbuster of all time though.

• Like 1

Ah, hyperbole at its finest. If you think Jurassic World is worse then Avatar The Last Airbender, Green Lantern, Godzilla, Twilight (pick any of them), Alice in Wonderland, Shrek the Third, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Clash of the Titans (off the top of my head) then I have ocean front property to sell you in Arizona.

So you disavow your statement then?

There can't be a "maybe" it's the worst blockbuster of all time if you admit that there's at least 9 other films that are worse blockbusters then Jurassic Workd. It's a definite "no it's not the worst blockbuster of all time". Care to revise your statement?

That's a cop out and you know it. The point is your own statements completely disqualify your previous statement that Jurassic World may be one of the worst blockbusters of all time. Either stick with that reasoning and say all the films I listed are better or say that Jurassic World is definitively not the worst blockbuster of all time.

It can't be both statements, it's one or the other, either "It may be the worst blockbuster of all time" or "At least 9 films are worse blockbusters then Jurassic World. Both cannot exist at the same time as they contradict one another.

That's the issue. Have your opinion that Jurassic World sucks, fine, I disagree, but don't make hyperbolic statements that aren't true unless you're views consistently agree with that statement.

That's another cop out and untrue. You said it may be THE WORST not ONE OF THE WORST. There's a big difference, just say you were wrong and let's move on from this.

I would debate that, but at least that's a defendable unhyperbolic statement unlike what Empire said.

XalruZY.gif

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt
  • Like 7

It's not a lie. I think it's a lousy movie and one of the worst blockbusters I've seen in recent years.

Come at me, bro. :)

Words are very powerful. When you add "I think" and "one of" it gives the sentence context to be a perfectly reasonable statement (though I disagree completely).