WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Glad I scaled back my predictions earlier this week, originally I was going with 30/130.

Bridge of Spies just had the most uninspiring marketing ever. The entire hook was come see Tom Hanks act in a Spielberg movie set during the cold war. This has to be the most generic poster ever

bridge_of_spies.jpg

• Like 1

Bridge of Spies just had the most uninspiring marketing ever. The entire hook was come see Tom Hanks act in a Spielberg movie set during the cold war. This has to be the most generic poster ever

bridge_of_spies.jpg

It doesn't help that Hanks looks bored as fuck in all the trailers

The Terminal is a whatever movie but I'm still FASCINATED by the fact that they actually built that huge, fully functional airport. 

Re-watched it for my Grand Spielberg Re-Watch Project. Definitely mediocre, but that set is incredible. Only thing that held my attention really. 

Pretty much every way

I thought they did a pretty good job considering the film they're working with. TV spots were everywhere and fairly effective. Poster's lame but people don't give a shit about posters. Not sure how it was a "terrible" campaign.

• Like 1

Bridge of Spies had a terrible marketing campaign. 
Having just seen the film, they really should've promoted it as something more inspirational. It seemed to be this dark, gritty thriller from the advertising when it's really about humanity overcoming practicality

bridge_of_spies.jpg

Why does Hanks have the Russia flag tattooed on the side of his head? :wacko: