WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Is Chris Pratt a draw are is he just getting lucky by picking franchise films that break out?

I'm wondering because it seems like the days of star power are long gone.

Even Spielberg's name doesn't have pull anymore.

Spielberg's name wasn't exactly all over the marketing

The Village and Lady in the Water caused people to turn on Shyamalan, much as Indy 4 and Transformers 2 caused people to turn on Shia.
Not a great comparison. Not to defend those crap movies (which he was in no way responsible for) but that's not why people turned on him. It was the stupid shit he did off-screen.

Just watched CP, I was expecting nothing and I received a great movie, it is easily one of the most beautiful movies of year (visual wise), it definitely deserves some nomination for Oscar in photograph, the Alice girl is also pretty much charismatic

But the best moment was the MJ2 trailer before the movie, my body is so ready for the movie of year 1gretchendaniloALDO.gif

Is Chris Pratt a draw are is he just getting lucky by picking franchise films that break out?

I'm wondering because it seems like the days of star power are long gone.

Chris Pratt seems to be the right person in the right movies at the right time. Pratt benefits from being in the movies he's in, and they certainly benefit from having Pratt in them.

He definitely adds value in being someone you like watching, even if it remains to be seen whether a movie can be sold on the virtues of Chris Pratt alone. Can you imagine Guardians of the Galaxy with Jai Courtney, or Jurassic World with Garrett Hedlund?

• Like 1

Chris Pratt seems to be the right person in the right movies at the right time. Pratt benefits from being in the movies he's in, and they certainly benefit from having Pratt in them.

He definitely adds value in being someone you like watching, even if it remains to be seen whether a movie can be sold on the virtues of Chris Pratt alone. Can you imagine Guardians of the Galaxy with Jai Courtney, or Jurassic World with Garrett Hedlund?

:wacko:

• Like 1

The Jai Courtney thing was hypothetical, but I just remembered that Garrett Hedlund WAS mentioned as being considered for a role in JW - and I ASSUME it was for Owen Grady.

...yeah, that would have been a disaster.

It kind of was anyways :lol:

Not a great comparison. Not to defend those crap movies (which he was in no way responsible for) but that's not why people turned on him. It was the stupid shit he did off-screen.

I guess I thought people hated him earlier because it seemed like every Internet critic I followed in 2008-11 absolutely loathed him. He was basically treated with the same scorn, ridicule and contempt as Hayden Christensen was for his portrayal of Anakin Skywalker.

I guess geekdom turned against him much earlier than the GA.

Edited by TServo2049

The Jai Courtney thing was hypothetical, but I just remembered that Garrett Hedlund WAS mentioned as being considered for a role in JW - and I ASSUME it was for Owen Grady.

...yeah, that would have been a disaster.

I haven't seen Garret in anything.

He needs Jai Courtney's agent.