Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe that page will get more traffic than usual:

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/justice-league

If it become common and if the embargo lift and the RT lift become large, I imagine a site/twitter account/something trying to estimate the RT site will come up.

Forcing me to trade RT for metacritic is WB's worst crime.

Worse than BvS' third act.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Universal also own part of RT. 

What's your point?

Universal doesn't have a cinematic universe at stake.

A successful cinematic universe can be bigger than most studios.

How much did Marvel Studios generate this year? 2.4 billion?

Edited by grey ghost

33 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That's what you think, but what if I told you that the hookers were planted shills by the government designed to collect information from everyone living in America?

NSA = National Sex Agency

Suddenly I'm not concerned with my constitutional right to privacy. :jeb!:

47 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

They likely would’ve done it for Thor if Disney hadn’t lifted the review embargo before the show premiered. Justice League is the next big movie they can reveal the score for their show on. Depending on when Disney lifts TLJ review embargo, they’ll likely do the same for that movie. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s just a company trying to drum up interest in their show. Critics aren’t being silenced. The reviews will still be added to the JL page, there simply isn’t a fresh or rotten placed with them. This conspiracy is as bad as the Disney pays critics one...ugh. 

The TLJ embargo will likely be very late anyways due to spoilers. Also no one is under any illusion that film won't be well-received given the recent news about Disney throwing $12 billion at Rian Johnson. The real question is whether it'll be good or GOAT. 

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What's your point?

Universal doesn't have a cinematic universe at stake.

The Lego Cinematic Universe was killed thanks to Ninjago and Unikitty.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The Lego Cinematic Universe was killed thanks to Ninjago and Unikitty.

I was actually referring to the dark universe that The Mummy was supposed to kick off :P

but your point fits too 

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

That's like saying I have a jackpot because I bought a lottery ticket.

Translation :  i forgot about the mummy so try to deflect. 

I guess you said the same thing about Iron Man when it came out too :lol:

Everything has a starting point and it doesn't change that Universal was planning on a franchise but that ruins your "theory" so i get why you want to ignore it :P

Please keep going though I have been needing these laughs for a while now , so thank you :)

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Translation :  i forgot about the mummy so try to deflect. 

I guess you said the same thing about Iron Man when it came out too :lol:

Everything has a starting point and it doesn't change that Universal was planning on a franchise but that ruins your "theory" so i get why you want to ignore it :P

Please keep going though I have been needing these laughs for a while now , so thank you :)

So Universal not blocking reviews somehow absolves WB or wrong doing???

"hey guys, China didn't interfere with our elections so Russia is probably innocent".

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So Universal not blocking reviews somehow absolves WB or wrong doing???

"hey guys, China didn't interfere with our elections so Russia is probably innocent".

That not the point the person tried to made.

The person was doubting that it was WB decision to block reviews (WB could simply put the embargo time at that time if that it is what they wanted the reviews to come out), but RT themselves.

Someone pointed out, WB own 30% and it is an important movie for them, while Universal own 70% of them and didn't do it for a more important movie (that needed reviews a bit more than a sequel with hardcore fans that went to see the previous entry with terrible reviews anyway tend to do)

WB are blocking reviews yes, with an extremely late review embargo.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

Does it get tiring moving the goal posts all the time?  :P

I think you smoking a strain called "the sun is purple but no one will believe you" is taking effect a bit too much :rofl:

Edited by 75Live

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

The person was doubting that it was WB decision to block reviews (WB could simply put the embargo time at that time if that it is what they wanted the reviews to come out), but RT themselves.

Someone pointed out, WB own 30% and it is an important movie for them, while Universal own 70% of them and didn't do it for a more important movie (that needed reviews a bit more than a sequel with hardcore fans that went to see the previous entry with terrible reviews anyway tend to do)

Billy-D_Approves.gif

31 minutes ago, Barnack said:

WB are blocking reviews yes, with an extremely late review embargo.

But even if you argue that Universal had cinematic universes at stake it still an apple an oranges comparison.

best case (highly unlikely) scenario:

Ninjago 1-3 = 750 m WW

Lego 2 + 3 = 800 m WW

Lego Batman 2 + 3 = 800 m WW

6 monster movies = 2.4 billion WW

Total = roughly 4.8 billion

Meanwhile, if DCEU can get where MCU will be in 2020 they would've generated 20 billion and counting.

Is it worth throwing RT under the bus for 5 billion that has a low chance of happening or for 20+ billion cash?

Also define "extremely late".

Edited by grey ghost

33 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Does it get tiring moving the goal posts all the time?  :P

I think you smoking a strain called "the sun is purple but no one will believe you" is taking effect a bit too much :rofl:

I've been joking around alot so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

and you guys must be drunk on "ostrich head in the sand" liquor. ;)

Edited by grey ghost

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Also define "extremely late".

If the actual review embargo will drop Wednesday morning at 12:50 a.m. PST

First showing for regular audience in majors market start in the latest :

http://www.allocine.fr/seance/film-126527/toutes/

Wednesday 12:30 am PST, the embargo lift after regular paying audience will be in theater watching it in France and I imagine after South Korean would be out of them, less than 40 hours before domestic audience will watch it. I tend to see extremely late embargo when it is released after regular paying audience started to see the movie (it become just hard to keep it after that, few in those market will respect it)

But even if you argue that Universal had cinematic universes at stake it still an apple an oranges comparison.

For sure, but I am not sure the universe is the metric here, the possible impact of reviews on the franchise is, DCEU has proven to be extremely resistant to bad reviews and to open like crazy even with 3x% type of reception, Universal dark universe could have used them.

JL could make 200m total and there wouldn’t any reboot talk. Shared universes don’t work like that, they can change the route of the films on the go.

Besides, given the special circumstances around JL and WW astronomical success, it would be foolish to think a reboot would be even considered as an option.