This should be the next DC films:

Aquaman

Shazam

Wonder Woman 2

The Batman

Flash solo (Not flashpoint)

Man of Steel 2

Green Lantern

Static Shock (Black Panther should pave the way for black led CBM)

Teen Titans (The old cartoon was massively popular and this can be the proper way to integrate Cyborg instead of a solo movie)

That is a great list. So naturally WB won't be doing that.

• Haha 1

Suicide Squad 2 is going to happen simply because the first film made a lot of money and I think with a change of director, it has a shot of being a better film, it'll decline from the first but as long as the budget's not too high then it'll still make money

Edited by Jonwo

31 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Suicide Squad 2 is going to happen simply because the first film made a lot of money and I think with a change of director, it has a shot of being a better film, it'll decline from the first but as long as the budget's not too high then it'll still make money

I just wonder if it'll take a dive like JL did even if The Rock does appear as the villain. 

17 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I just wonder if it'll take a dive like JL did even if The Rock does appear as the villain. 

It'll decline for sure but it'll been three and a half years since the first film should it be released in February so the impact of the first film won't be as strong. Also, it has enough wiggle room from the first where if it dropped 30-40% from the first film OW then it'd still do $75-80m OW

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Again, objectively wrong to say that anything created by James Cameron lacks depth. 

Avatar is just "trees good", "greed bad".

They go out of there way to mental gymnast themes in comic book movies but that's the best they can do for Avatar?

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Avatar is just "trees good", "greed bad".

They go out of there way to mental gymnast themes in comic book movies but that's the best they can do for Avatar?

Objectively - the box office king. 

Objectively - the deepest director to have ever lived. 

Subjectively - Record holder for creating the most lauded movie ever at the Oscars. 

Subjectively - Tarkovsky said of Terminator "...its vision of the future and the relation between man and its destiny is pushing the frontier of cinema as an art.”.

I'd say it was a product of the modern education system, but I think that assumes too much. 

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Please, what objective measure of depth do you suggest we use? Or are you going to fall back on your own personal feelings regarding the topic as 'evidence'? 

Everything we're talking about is subjective (including your opinions too, shocker!) so what's your point.

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Everything we're talking about is subjective (including your opinions too, shocker!) so what's your point.

Box office values are not subjective. Depth can be subjective, but then any discussion on it is meritless nonsense as it cannot be settled by experiment. Now if we use an objective measure of depth, Cameron beats everyone else every time (just like he does at the box office). 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar

15 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Give me a Nightwing movie about him trying to break out of being stuck under the shadow of Batman

none of that Teen Titans shit

Sure, remove the most interesting/fun thing you can do with that character.

Weirdly you can do both. 

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Box office values are not subjective. Depth can be subjective, but then any discussion on it is meritless nonsense as it cannot be settled by experiment. Now if we use an objective measure of depth, Cameron beats everyone else ever time (just like he does at the box office). 

the fuck.