Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

36 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

Black Widow is just a spy and wouldn't bring anything new to the table, that's why they didn't make her movie before. 

I'm not sure any superhero movies are going to bring something new to the table :chaplin:

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I'm not sure any superhero movies are going to bring something new to the table :chaplin:

I was talking about something new to the MCU's table.

But yeah some superhero movies brought some new things to the table - and new ways to do old things - including some MCU movies. I said some things in my previous comment, if you read it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Full blockbuster landscape suck at this. I am not gonna praise wb for introducing ww after many decades nor mcu for introducing "strong" female characters as secondary characters. They have to announce more female lead movies for that. Both of them.

Agreed. And more superhero movies with POC as well. I’m hyped for Black Panther and Aquaman but Marvel and DC needs more POC in their universes as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Agreed. And more superhero movies with POC as well. I’m hyped for Black Panther and Aquaman but Marvel and DC needs more POC in their universes as well.

Frankly, I don't think MCU and DCU blockbusters are less diverse than a lot of smaller scale or award movies really. 

IMO they are the forefront, rather then laggards

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The public has learned to check out the RT score and listen to WOM before going to see any DCEU film now. They have been burned badly over the years by MoS, BvS, SS which is why JL is tanking right now.

Yeah people on this forum generally think general audiences are like this

(mindless people who will watch anything).

Tickets are expensive now, people are pickier. 

221516bc34df74076294a247b50a86cc.gif

Edited by Lordmandeep

44 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Black Panther has more strong POC characters, women and men, than all the other 2018 blockbusters all together.

Just now, Ragnar said:

Black Panther has more strong POC characters, women and men, than all the other 2018 blockbusters all together.

Lol you want to go after someone for not putting POC or Women forward 

Christopher Nolan

:P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Frankly, I don't think MCU and DCU blockbusters are less diverse than a lot of smaller scale or award movies really. 

IMO they are the forefront, rather then laggards

Not even close. A good chunk of award movies this year have female leads, while lagging in poc, they are still way ahead of blockbusters in general, let alone cbms 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol you want to go after someone for not putting POC or Women forward 

Christopher Nolan

:P

Yup. That's (unfortunately) true. :P

And J.K. Rowling for not putting POC forward (only minor, minor characters).

PS - A HP Broadway Show, directed by someone else, written with someone else and casted by someone else didn't count as her credit.  

20 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Not even close. A good chunk of award movies this year have female leads, while lagging in poc, they are still way ahead of blockbusters in general, let alone cbms 

As a person of Colour my self, I rather see more high-quality roles from females and POC than a lot of shoehorned roles that are treated as an afterthought to meet some quota.

Meaning I rather see more Wonder Women and Black Panther roles done right then making a bunch of forgettable films.  

I think what blockbusters doing these days especially by Disney is a good pace and I am more than happy with. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

As a person of Colour my self, I rather see more high-quality roles than a lot of shoehorned roles to meet some quota.

I think what blockbusters doing these days especially by Disney is a good pace and I am more than happy with. 

Why that weird condition for poc? If it's not for everyone than it should not be for poc. I think people doesn't realise that but saying I just want good female lead movies for example is double standard. 

Btw I am indian too.

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Why that weird condition for poc? If it's not for everyone than it should not be for poc. I think people doesn't realise that but saying I just want good female lead movies for example is double standard. 

Btw I am indian too.

It is not a condition, it a personal preference :)

It is because poorly made films with POC usually just play to stupid stereotypes and I am sick and tired of them. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It is not a condition, it a personal preference :)

It is because poorly made films with POC usually just play to stupid stereotypes and I am sick and tired of them. 

But that's the thing nobody goes to make a bad film. I for one accepts cyborg role in Jl, although with lot of criticisms.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

The public has learned to check out the RT score and listen to WOM before going to see any DCEU film now. They have been burned badly over the years by MoS, BvS, SS which is why JL is tanking right now.

RT is crap and the critics are MCU biased. Mark my my words after FOX is Disney now Critics are scared shitless to vote their movies franchises rotten now. Look at the latest X-Men rated rotten but when its part of Disney these days are over and critics will never have the balls to go against the Disney regime. Its a rigged system. JL is great. Its a straight forward story. Its way better than some of the crap MCU has put out. I mean come on Thor 2, Dr Strange, AoU, IM2, IM3 does not in anyway deserve to be fresh. If There was Disney infront of JL it would have been rated with 80% on RT. This is the same what happened in the music industry some years ago. Critics have been bought to rate all MCU movies fresh same with Star Wars, PiXAR ect.. its Disneys cashcows. Critics are scared of rating with their heart they rate their movies with money in the pocket. The only ones that do not see something wrong here now are ruled by this regime called Disney.

Edited by mredman
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

RT is crap and the critics are MCU biased. Mark my my words after FOX is Disney now Critics are scared shitless to vote their movies franchises rotten now. Look at the latest X-Men rated rotten but when its part of Disney these days are over and critics will never have the balls to go against the Disney regime. Its a rigged system. JL is great. Its a straight forward story. Its way better than some of the crap MCU has put out. I mean come on Thor 2, Dr Strange, AoU, IM2, IM3 does not in anyway deserve to be fresh. If There was Disney infront of JL it would have been rated with 80% on RT. This is the same what happened in the music industry some years ago. Critics have been bought to rate all MCU movies fresh same with Star Wars, PiXAR ect.. its Disneys cashcows. Critics are scared of rating with their heart they rate their movies with money in the pocket. The only ones that do not see something wrong here now are ruled by this regime called Disney.

Cool story, bro.

42 minutes ago, mredman said:

I'm not going to agree or disagree with your assertions regarding that, but... let's face it: that being true or not doesn't change in anyway that the audiences were not fans of these DC movies. If they had been, Batman V Superman - the movie directly responsible for JL's downfall - wouldn't have a sub 2x multiplier with almost zero competition in its path. Suicide Squad also had poor wom and subsquently failed to acquire a very strong multiplier (it did 2.45x its opening), and ultimately it lucked out to open in an empty spot during Summer season. Sure, it had its fans, but similarly quirky superhero movies had waaaayyyy better multipliers and wom. It would've had Deadpool numbers at least if it had been a well liked movie. And JL's initial wave of wom not being superb, alongside the not so great marketing campaign, really put the final nail in its coffin.

Also, biased critics wouldn't have made Wonder Woman - the 4x multiplier Wonder Woman - the top rated superhero movie ever on Rotten Tomatoes, would have they? So if you're just blaming critics for JL not being a huge movie as it should've been, you're missing the whole ordeal.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1