Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I wonder when we'll finally hear from WB where they will go with DCEU from here on. From the beginning my personal hope was they would go somewhere like the LOTR movies in tone (maybe a bit lighter); heartfelt, epic, serious, but with a feeling of hope. 

13 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

I wonder when we'll finally hear from WB where they will go with DCEU from here on. From the beginning my personal hope was they would go somewhere like the LOTR movies in tone (maybe a bit lighter); heartfelt, epic, serious, but with a feeling of hope. 

Aquaman, then Shazam, then Wonder Woman 2, then Flashpoint for soft reboot purposes.

There you go.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Aquaman, then Shazam, then Wonder Woman 2, then Flashpoint for soft reboot purposes.

There you go.

we will get MoS sequel and they will extend the contracts for cavill and for others who are on its last movies. Flashpoint maybe will be used as way to get Ben out. ButJL was in all in fact a reboot too with a more fun and adventures tone. Plus Supes is now the  Supes everyone had been asking forsince MoS

On 12/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, 4815162342 said:

I wasn't enamored with Avatar's 3D, but it remains a thoroughly engrossing and entertaining film 

Rewatched the whole thing recently for the first time since...maybe ever? Weaver's first scene where she tells the new guy in the wheelchair to fuck off is written and acted so terribly, I involuntarily closed my eyes. Other than Lang, the human performances are uniformly pretty bad.

The rest of it is alright. Like a lot of blockbusters, it holds your attention just enough in the moment only to fade away pretty quickly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mredman said:

we will get MoS sequel and they will extend the contracts for cavill and for others who are on its last movies. Flashpoint maybe will be used as way to get Ben out. ButJL was in all in fact a reboot too with a more fun and adventures tone. Plus Supes is now the  Supes everyone had been asking forsince MoS

It’s just funny after a soft reboot like JL, fans are already pitching Flashpoint as another soft reboot opportunity. 

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Age of Ultron is on BBC 1 hd, its worse than i thought it would be.

Quip, cut, cut, cut, repeat.

I remember when that came out, the infamous Thor cave stuff was gibberish. Yes I get what they’re setting up, but how/why he would connect the dots and thus go into space was a mess. Like that underwear gnomes episode of SOUTH PARK: “steal underpants + ? = $”

but that was a subplot. Then we got BVS and it felt like a feature length version of that subplot  

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

There you go.

Those first 3 for sure but Flashpoint isn’t a guarantee at this point 

Superman in Justice League is not comic book accurate and I find it hard to believe this is the Superman everyone wanted. There's no evidence of that. JL is getting shitty legs for the release date and small opening weekend it had.

I don't know why there's this misconception of what audiences want from Superman. Numbers don't lie, and BVS had the 5th highest opening day of all time at the time promising exactly the Superman we see in the movie.

WB never tricked anyone into thinking they were getting a jokey Superman in MOS and BVS. If audiences rejected that Superman, BVS would have bombed from the get go. As seen by JL's box office performance, people won't show up for something that looks bad just because they're fans of the characters.

Release the Snyder cut, issue an apology to the fans, and pretend the Joss Whedon/Geoff Johns reshoots never happened. It's the only way to save this franchise.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Release the Snyder cut, issue an apology to the fans, and pretend the Joss Whedon/Geoff Johns reshoots never happened. It's the only way to save this franchise.

Please do, Joss should have stuck to television.

• Like 1

The constant bashing of Avatar from people (mostly 'Muricans strangely ?) will always make me :

:rolleyes:

It s like they are incapable of recognizing true greatness even if it slapped  them in the face.

Avatar is the work of a Master storyteller and director and his most personal film.

I don't consider this to be an opinion, more like an empirical fact.

dealwithit-cameron.gif?w=650

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Superman in Justice League is not comic book accurate and I find it hard to believe this is the Superman everyone wanted. There's no evidence of that. JL is getting shitty legs for the release date and small opening weekend it had.

I don't know why there's this misconception of what audiences want from Superman. Numbers don't lie, and BVS had the 5th highest opening day of all time at the time promising exactly the Superman we see in the movie.

WB never tricked anyone into thinking they were getting a jokey Superman in MOS and BVS. If audiences rejected that Superman, BVS would have bombed from the get go. As seen by JL's box office performance, people won't show up for something that looks bad just because they're fans of the characters.

What in the hell are you babbling about. JL legs is FAR better than BvS. BvS did not even manage 2.0 multiple thats really not good BvS opened big because it was the trinity in a movie together the first time plus curiosity for the new Batman. Which people love now. I like BvS too but that 1.99 multipler is clear rejection from the GA of the tone of the movie. JL is entertaining and fun and people like that very much.

And this is the Supes everyone want. The only ones who complain is the Snyder Cult. You are more fans of Snyder than the DC universe. Now thats totally out there. Also there is no freakin snyder cut fo crying out loud. You Snyder fans are completely out of touch with reality and with all your insane complaining you actually think you are helping. Well newsflash you are not. All you do is whine and whine. And people are sick and tired of it. I mean this petition. going on for a cut not existing is just insanity to a new degree.

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The constant bashing of Avatar from people (mostly 'Muricans strangely ?) will always make me :

:rolleyes:

It s like they are incapable of recognizing true greatness even if it slapped  them in the face.

Avatar is the work of a Master storyteller and director and his most personal film.

I don't consider this to be an opinion, more like an empirical fact.

My favourite thing about the Avatar hate patrol is that their main point of attack has such obivious irony.

Avatar is unoriginal they say, as they already have their tickets booked to capefilm 74.

2 hours ago, mredman said:

What in the hell are you babbling about. JL legs is FAR better than BvS.

Yet, when you look at them:

BvS: 164m

JL: 131m (has of yet)

How much of the bigger multiplier is simply due to a smaller weekend because people were less excited.... 

27 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's the franchise with the highest grossing film of all time and leads the franchises with the highest average gross list.

And nobody except you cares that much about it nowadays. Not even James Cameron sucks Avatar's dick as much as you do. It's the highest grossing film of all time. Great, awesome. Come talk to me when it has half as much pop culture love and recognition as many other movies that didn't make a fraction of it's business.

Also, one movie = not a franchise.

• ...wtf 1

27 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And nobody except you cares that much about it nowadays. Not even James Cameron sucks Avatar's dick as much as you do. It's the highest grossing film of all time. Great, awesome. Come talk to me when it has half as much pop culture love and recognition as many other movies that didn't make a fraction of it's business.

Also, one movie = not a franchise.

Hmm he spent 4 years writing the script to A2,A3,A4 and A5. Thought of the idea for Avatar in a dream in the 90s. Waited for cgi to improve so he could bring his dreM to life. He owns life size Na'Vi models. He's spent 10s of thousands of hours on Avatar so yee, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Jim loves Avatar more than me. It's his baby afterall.

You don't have the second greatest legs of all time (behind titanic) and be the highest grossing film of all time without being grossly loved.

Avatar will be the star wars of our generation. So yeah, buckle up because Avatar deserves to be talked about just as much as marvel and dc.. and believe me marvel/dc dominate the discussion in here so quit complaining.

• Like 2