grim22

The Little Prince | Netflix bought the rights, it will be released on the streaming service

Releasing 9 months after the WW release. It even got a China release already.

http://www.thewrap.com/paramount-bumps-monster-trucks-to-2017-sets-spongebob-squarepants-3-for-2019/

Opening March 18, 2016, “THE LITTLE PRINCE” is directed by Academy Award® nominee Mark Osborne (“KUNG FU PANDA”) and stars the voices of Mackenzie Foy, Jeff Bridge, Riley Osborne, Marion Cotillard, James Franco, Paul Rudd, Benicio del Toro, Paul Giamatti, Ricky Gervais, Albert Brooks, and Bud Cort. The film is the first-ever animated feature adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s iconic masterpiece, The Little Prince.

Excellent animation, debuted in Brazil in August, was quite successful, despite not being an American animation was three weeks first.:)

In fact "The Little Prince" already estrou in various countries around the world, including China, which grossed $ 25 million, more than Inside Out, Hotel Transylvania among others, is the fourth animation that more collected this year in China.B)

As Americans enjoy quality animations, I'm sure will love The Little Prince.;)

Someone venture any predictions?

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'd be happy with anything over 10M OW for this. Excited I may get to see it in theatres.

I think it will be another Shaun the Sheep box office wise. Good reviews, but not a story familiar to Americans and will be overshadowed by the 3rd weekend of Zootopia. I also really doubt if Paramount will give it a big marketing effort since it looks like it is primarily an acquisition for distribution rather than their own production.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I think it will be another Shaun the Sheep box office wise. Good reviews, but not a story familiar to Americans and will be overshadowed by the 3rd weekend of Zootopia. I also really doubt if Paramount will give it a big marketing effort since it looks like it is primarily an acquisition for distribution rather than their own production.

I do not think we can compare with The Little Prince Shaun the Sheep, just analyzing the numbers, the film has grossed $ 46 million worldwide, as I mentioned earlier, The Little Prince is the fourth highest grossing animated film of the year in China. Led for three weeks in Brazil ($ 7.8 million), has good numbers in Poland ($ 3.4 million), decent also in France ($ 12 million) Argentina ($ 1.8 million) and Turkey ($ 1, 4 million). Forecast going very well in Japan and South Korea, therefore, I believe that Paramount must instead make a good release of the film in the US, i believe in $ 25 million OW with a total close to $ 90 million.

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I do not think we can compare with The Little Prince Shaun the Sheep, just analyzing the numbers, the film has grossed $ 46 million worldwide, as I mentioned earlier, The Little Prince is the fourth highest grossing animated film of the year in China. Led for three weeks in Brazil ($ 7.8 million), has good numbers in Poland ($ 3.4 million), decent also in France ($ 12 million) Argentina ($ 1.8 million) and Turkey ($ 1, 4 million). Forecast going very well in Japan and South Korea, therefore, I believe that Paramount must instead make a good release of the film in the US, i believe in $ 25 million OW with a total close to $ 90 million.

Shaun the Sheep made more OS already. It has made 64M OS. I wouldn't be surprised if this had a very similar run.

With just 4 months to release, any marketing will be very limited and targeted. March has plenty of family competition as well. I think Shaun is a pretty good comparison point frankly.

I sincerely respect your opinion, but you may be underestimating The Little Prince, Shaun the Sheep made $ 64 million at the end of your run, the only major markets that The Little Prince premiered was Brazil, France and China, all had numbers too greater than Shaun the Sheep, in fact I was comparing the international numbers of The Little Prince with The LEGO Movie, where there is balance.

13 hours ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I sincerely respect your opinion, but you may be underestimating The Little Prince, Shaun the Sheep made $ 64 million at the end of your run, the only major markets that The Little Prince premiered was Brazil, France and China, all had numbers too greater than Shaun the Sheep, in fact I was comparing the international numbers of The Little Prince with The LEGO Movie, where there is balance.

Seeing how it is a limited release. Even Shaun numbers look doubtful to be honest. Looks like this may be a simultaneous theatrical and VOD play now

10 horas atrás, grim22 disse:

Vendo como ele é um lançamento limitado. Mesmo números Shaun olhar duvidoso para ser honesto. Parece que este pode ser um teatral simultânea e VOD jogar agora

No comment!

Unfortunate!

The film has nothing to do with it, the fault is all of Paramount, which acquired the film distribution rights and chose to belittle this wonderful animation.

It might be because the animation not be American?

The next two weeks the film will premiere in two key markets, Mexico and Japan, back here on this same topic with the initial numbers we will be Paramount hit in performing a limited release.

"I'm sorry for my English"

The Little Prince premiered in Mexico and Japan markets. In Mexico, two weeks in theaters has raised US $ 4.7 million and this weekend (20-22) knocked Spectre placing second, second only to the blockbuster Hunger Games.

In Japan the film is even more impressive, according to pre-preliminary data, The Little Prince overtook the premieres of The Hunger Games and Spectre and ranked first on Saturday / Monday (21-23). We do not have the numbers yet, but it's a huge achievement for a film produced in Europe (France).

The creators of this project are to be congratulated, an animation that was not produced in the US making success is unprecedented in the history of cinema. 

There is a week of release, Paramount decided to cancel the distribution of the French animated film "The Little Prince". The reason for cancellation was not informed, but I do not remember a similar situation in the history of cinema, I think is unheard of.

Even the movie already appears on the Rotten Tomatoes homepage with approval of 93%. The Little Prince is being considered a success, having raised more than 105 million around the world and recently won the French Oscar (Cesar) for best animation.

I hope that Paramount has respect for fans and discuss what happened.

SHAME! :angry:

Are they cancelling it and sending to straight to video or are they postponing it? 

Maybe they'll re-position to a time when there's less competition for the animated and family markets.  Releasing after KFP, Zootopia  with Jungle Book coming up and a host of other animated and family films is tough.

Although the book is not very known in the United States, it has a base of reputable fans. I believe that in respect of these fans the minimum that Paramount should do is issue a clarification note. 

I do not know what prompted Paramount to take this absurd decision a week ago the premiere of the film, but it's a complete lack of respect for the companies involved in the production (On Animation Studios, Orange Studio, Wild Bunch).

The amazing thing is that Paramount chose to release Anomalisa and Little Prince not. Anomalisa made miserable  $ 2,658,258 domestic... now I wonder: Does Anomalisa has more appeal than The Little Prince? Of course not!!!

Does anyone know if there is precedent in the history of cinema a distributor cancel the release of the film for a week of its debut?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/12/little-prince-paramount

Director Mark Osborne confirmed the news in a statement on Twitter: “Many thanks to everyone for the outpouring of love and support in these strange times. As it turns out, the much anticipated U.S. release of this special and unique film will have to be anticipated just a little bit more.” 

He continued, “All I can say is [The Little Prince] will in fact be released by another distributor later this year. Until then, head to Canada! The film opens there in wide release this weekend!”