Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

I really wanted this to be good, but it ended up looking like two hours of predictable network television. Even though the worst part is probably the cheesy script (not in a fun way), the thing that bothered me most was the choppy editing which didn't allow the movie to develop a certain tone. It was really inconsistent all the way through as the director is seemingly a fan of cutting away in crucial moments and clearly doesn't have a good grip on mood and tension. The acting is okay but I didn't care about the characters and the point of the movie is so obvious and if you want to have such a message you should give me something entertaining or at the very least not bad to keep me interested.

The only good things are a couple of surprises and Evans' acting in one scene.

4/10

Such a shame. :(

I really wanted this to be good, but it ended up looking like two hours of predictable network television. Even though the worst part is probably the cheesy script (not in a fun way), the thing that bothered me most was the choppy editing which didn't allow the movie to develop a certain tone. It was really inconsistent all the way through as the director is seemingly a fan of cutting away in crucial moments and clearly doesn't have a good grip on mood and tension. The acting is okay but I didn't care about the characters and the point of the movie is so obvious and if you want to have such a message you should give me something entertaining or at the very least not bad to keep me interested.

The only good things are a couple of surprises and Evans' acting in one scene.

4/10

Such a shame. :(

Posted Image

• Like 3

Holy fuck, this movie!  Wow, just wow.  I have no idea how this can be marketed in America, but this is an amazing movie.  It really needs to find an audience just so Bong Joon-ho can keep making more films.  And it really can't be cut down much at all so I'm glad the Weinsteins didn't try to do that.

• Like 4

Holy fuck, this movie!  Wow, just wow.  I have no idea how this can be marketed in America, but this is an amazing movie.  It really needs to find an audience just so Bong Joon-ho can keep making more films.  And it really can't be cut down much at all so I'm glad the Weinsteins didn't try to do that.

Oh Weinstein tried very hard to do just that but Bong Joon-ho fought them.  Hence the compromise where it no longer gets the agreed to wide release and Weinstein has shoveled it off to limited and put it up against opening day of Transformers 4.  Douche.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Japanese makes everything sound tremendous.

Oh this is that movie Chris Evans and Octavia Spencer did together. I didn't know the name of it. I follow both of them on Twitter and they used to tweet each other while they were filming. 

• Like 1

Oh Weinstein tried very hard to do just that but Bong Joon-ho fought them.  Hence the compromise where it no longer gets the agreed to wide release and Weinstein has shoveled it off to limited and put it up against opening day of Transformers 4.  Douche.

This is a shame.

This is a shame.

Well, may I make a counter argument.I don't think this film was ever going to break out stateside. And going wide means...spending a lot of marketing money. IE, it'd probably lose money.Film has already done solid business in South Korea. It'll get some recognition theatrically, but little money...but it also won't lose a bunch cause of some P&A spend it can't dream of recouping.I guess what I'm saying is...it doesn't quite hurt the film in many ways.Even though yes. It hurts it's potential for recognition on some level. Cause this probably won't Grand Budapest it's way to a solid gross.
  • Like 2

Well, may I make a counter argument.I don't think this film was ever going to break out stateside. And going wide means...spending a lot of marketing money. IE, it'd probably lose money.Film has already done solid business in South Korea. It'll get some recognition theatrically, but little money...but it also won't lose a bunch cause of some P&A spend it can't dream of recouping.I guess what I'm saying is...it doesn't quite hurt the film in many ways.Even though yes. It hurts it's potential for recognition on some level. Cause this probably won't Grand Budapest it's way to a solid gross.

Hey thanks kowhite. 

Did you see the movie?

• Like 1

What is Enemy about?

Jake Gyllenhall notices an actor in a movie who looks exactly like himself. He tracks this doppelgänger down.Thriller stuff happens. That's all I know. My friend saw it and said...just watch it, not worth spoiling.Same director as Prisoners, which I liked. Edited by kowhite