Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

That would give it about 11 noms, quite amazing for a PTA movie. Though, I am loosing faith in Amy Adams, Picture, and some of the techs. I've already kicked PTA out.

Yeah, if Flight is any good, then things will get really bad for it. It's time is ticking.

WTF!

THR has learned that, on the basis of the strong box office generated by their films and the positive reviews of their performances, Jake Gyllenhaal will receive a best actor Oscar campaign for End of Watch, Emily Blunt will receive a best supporting actress Oscar campaign for Looper, and Josh Brolin will receive a best supporting actor Oscar campaign for Men in Black 3.

Another report indicates that Anne Hathaway will receive a best actress campaign for The Dark Knight Rises -- the push for her work in that film is purely a token gesture, regardless of category, but it logically had to come in lead, since she actually has a legitimate shot in supporting for her other 2012 performance, in Les Miserables, and would not want to dilute her support for it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/ben-afflecks-argo-oscar-predictions-377402

Jeff Wells is taking a dump on Les Mis chances. he`s hearing "whispers" that les Mis may just be a very solid, workmanlike movie and definitely not OMG AmazingFrotnrunnerOMGOMGOMG masterpiece.Turns out, there was a screening so those whispers seem to be someone`s opinion sight seen or something.

Jeff Wells is taking a dump on Les Mis chances. he`s hearing "whispers" that les Mis may just be a very solid, workmanlike movie and definitely not OMG AmazingFrotnrunnerOMGOMGOMG masterpiece.Turns out, there was a screening so those whispers seem to be someone`s opinion sight seen or something.

Don't mind wells, he's delusional all te rumours I've heard about the 6 October screening have been OMG amazing, reportedly played ridiculously well with the crowd at the arclight.

I'd love for Looper to get some recognition for acting, particularly for either Bruce Willis or Emily Blunt. But honestly, given the genre and the merely solid impression the movie has made since opening, it will be lucky to get anything from the Academy.Argo has established itself as the first big heavy hitter of the season. We'll see if it can maintain that lead against all the upcoming potential contenders, but given that it has been very well-received and is literally about Hollywood saving lives, I could totally see it being the one to beat for Best Picture.

I'd love for Looper to get some recognition for acting, particularly for either Bruce Willis or Emily Blunt. But honestly, given the genre and the merely solid impression the movie has made since opening, it will be lucky to get anything from the Academy.Argo has established itself as the first big heavy hitter of the season. We'll see if it can maintain that lead against all the upcoming potential contenders, but given that it has been very well-received and is literally about Hollywood saving lives, I could totally see it being the one to beat for Best Picture.

Looper could be an upset pick in Best Original Screenplay

Really? Jemaine Clement was OK, but Josh Brolin completely NAILED his Tommy Lee Jones impersonation.

I agree but I just thought he was really really funny in that part ;)Also for villians I would nominate the 2 Toms in superhero films this year. Wont happen though.And I do like Brolin in that part don't get me wrong but yeah.

Didn`t you hear that Skyfall is boring?

That wasn't me, that was Someone else. And use some common sense and look at my Avatar and sig, would I ever say Skyfall is boring even of it really was? Edited by riczhang

1. Les Miserables2. Argo3. Lincoln4. Life of Pi5. Amour6. Zero Dark Thirty7. Silver Linings Playbook (Seems like a Nominee but not a winner)8. Hitchcock (Got 92% approval rating a a test screening, and the acting is reportedly excellent)9. Anna Karenina10. The Master