Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

I don't doubt it's the likely winner, but Lincoln has the probable Best Actor winner and Spielberg. It's not going to go quietly.

Egh... This is also partially because I didn't really like Lincoln. Though coming from a guy that gave War Horse a 9.5/10 and had it at #6 last year of my personal favourite films is certainly strange. Lincoln's supposedly a much stronger film however I don't see where that is coming from. Lincoln's probably a 6.5 at best for me. :lol:

I agree, I'd heard there was going to be screenings next week but they had to cancel them. It'll probably miss out on the earlier awards but it could still hit in time for oscar voting. Who knows, maybe being the last film the voters see will be a good thing and it'll be in their heads when they vote.

I agree, I'd heard there was going to be screenings next week but they had to cancel them. It'll probably miss out on the earlier awards but it could still hit in time for oscar voting. Who knows, maybe being the last film the voters see will be a good thing and it'll be in their heads when they vote.

It's Tarantino so the Academy won't gravitate towards it unless others before it especially the critics begin to roll the ball. Otherwise its dead.

Basic locks:1. Lincoln2. Argo3. Les MiserablesVery probable:4. Silver Linings Playbook5. Life of PiMore likely than not:6. The Master7. Beasts of the Southern WildBig possibilities:8. Zero Dark Thirty9. Django Unchained10. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey11. The ImpossibleDown but not out:12. Amour13. Moonrise Kingdom14. The SessionsLongshots:15. Flight16. The Dark Knight Rises17. Anna Karenina18. SkyfallLes Mis will very likely move to #1 once it's released.

Anyone else loosing faith in Django? They still haven't finished the movie, and it's not screened and I'm really doubting that it'd be finished and screened in time to gain traction.

Did not think it would be a big oscar player besst original screenplay, a few techs, but that's it. Hopefully it bombs with critics so I can get rid of DiCaprio placeholder.

I think that right now it is between Lincoln and Les Miserables and Lincoln has a not-insignificant advantage. People are talking about ZDT, Argo, SLP etc. but momentum is important. None of these movies has a realistic shot of winning GG or BAFTA. Will any of the Guilds go with ZDT or SLP over Lincoln/Les Miz? Doubtful.Les Miz has better than 50% chance of winning BAFTA and must be a slight favorite over Lincoln at GG so it is going to have the momentum but I think Lincoln is the AMPAS kind of movie and will score wins at Guilds and at other awards to keep its momentum going into March.

Moonrise Kingdom won the Gotham Independent Film Awards' Best Picture category beating out The Master, Bernie etc. This isn't a major award obviously but MK needs all the buzz it can get in order to land one of the available BP slots.

Moonrise Kingdom won the Gotham Independent Film Awards' Best Picture category beating out The Master, Bernie etc. This isn't a major award obviously but MK needs all the buzz it can get in order to land one of the available BP slots.

That's good. Nice to see MK getting some love.