Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

2 hours ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Still have to wonder about this idea of making films not directly or chronologically interconnected with the main films. The Marvel formula works so well because they make it obvious(sometimes painfully so) that each film follows each other and then leads into the next. It maintains interest. These side films will bring in fans like us, but I don't see GA caring much. Right now, they want to see the Ep 8 to find out what happens to the characters they fell in love with in this film. I'm not sure that within a year, they'll be willing to line up to see something basically unrelated.

The way I see it, Rogue One is Disney's (cynical?!? and smart) attempt to increase Ep 8 WW performance from TFA by expanding Chinese market - Donnie Yen, anyone?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

This is way more realistic but who knows? Movie keeps surprising even some of our bigger optimists to the upside.

This thing has been following closely Avatar. Even Avatar dropped 32,2% on Christmas Eve.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rth said:

The challenge of the day is another record is in play pending evenings going well later we shall tell

WHAT THE FUCK. THE NON-OPENING THURSDAY RECORD IS 29.1M!

Evenings will suck badly, that we know. So I am guessing something around 25M will indeed happen. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

And this one when it hits 1B domestic 

What's boring about this thread is that it seems possible. This movie seems to have everyone hypnotized to see it and it's nothing special or groundbreaking. I don't know if fanboys are watching it 20 times or if it's actually attracting viewers that other movies just don't get. You'd think the US population doubled or something. Don't get why it's basically doing Hunger Games CF numbers in a single week, but whatever. Seems like there's no slowing down which is asinine during this time of year. 

Edited by Sagemode87
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I bet if you asked Zuckerberg today if he regretted that decision, he would say hell no. Parker helped establish their identity early on. 

Your missing the point. He got paid the biggest in the shortest amount of time for zero investment. Compared to the other examples. He wins.

Got paid more than 1m per hour.

Like Zuckerberg wasn't smart enough to go to a venture capitalist  eventually like every other tech company in CA

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Yep, I'm thinking 69-70M on Saturday.

Not likely, but that would be something to beat Jurassic Worlds Saturday opening weekend record on the second weekend.  At that point throw down your calculator and just give up.:D

Edited by ForcedForward
Typo