Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Just finished ANH, and putting in Empire Strikes Back right now. I won't be able to see TFA until Wednesday, in order to avoid the ridiculous insane level of crowds at every theaters within 50 mile radius of where I live.

Won't help. 

Our 6:30 show is going to be about 90% full 

• Like 3

whilst searching for datas...

WTF

Crewmember Killed on Latest ‘Resident Evil’ Film

Happened already 3 Dec., seemingly no reaction by involved companies...

The stuntwoman hurt in the other accident will loose her arm soon... (the rest of her injuries and future problems likely will make her life not a simple one too)

Edited by terrestrial

27 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Man the next several years will show some monstrous boxoffice performance in December due to the SW sequels and Avatar sequels. On top of that, this could be a breaking point for this industry that studios will now try to squeeze their high-budget investments in December like they do in the summer. I mean, even if they considered Avatar as a miracle an outcast that rarely happens, they now can't be blind to what SW7 did. Yes Avatar is some of a alien in this business which nobody can copy, but SW7 is exactly a representation of this industry in the sense that every studio's ultimate task is to have a franchise aiming at the biggest opening as possible. SW7 is telling them that you can achieve a massive OW in Dec but you can't find that sexy holiday legs in the summer, and if you manage to get both, you're getting some holyshit result that could be a much bigger harvest than what you get in the summer.

Lots did pretty good adjust. Openings have been smaller but overall the big money has been there for years

There's the Resident Evil movie, and then there's.... whatever this is supposed to be: http://www.indiewire.com/article/holy-f-cking-sh-t-discovery-of-roar-the-most-dangerous-movie-ever-made-20150707

Some of the injuries sustained in the course of production: cinematographer Jan de Bont was scalped, requiring 220 stitches; Griffith was mauled by a lion, which required facial reconstructive surgery; an A.D. narrowly escaped death when a lion missed his jugular by an inch; Hedren, who was also attacked by birds on the set of "The Birds," endured a fractured leg and multiple scalp wounds; and Marshall himself was wounded so many times that he was hospitalized with gangrene.

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Lots did pretty good adjust. Openings have been smaller but overall the big money has been there for years

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

6 LOTR/Hobbit films did ok.

Not 200m+ OW and 600m+ DOM good (except Avatar of cause but I said it was an alien that couldn't be copied). And now SW7 showed you could actually do that good (and even a lot more) in Dec.

Just now, vc2002 said:

Not 200m+ OW and 600m+ DOM good (except Avatar of cause but I said it was an alien that couldn't be copied). And now SW7 showed you could actually do that good (and even a lot more) in Dec.

Averaging $307m ($380m adjusted), 4.676x legs domestic & almost $1b WW over SIX installments in a fantasy saga doesn't prove big things are possible? I get what you are saying about the opening but it's clear this is a highly lucrative few weeks where every year the industry averages huge sales no matter what's out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Averaging $307m ($380m adjusted), 4.676x legs domestic & almost $1b WW over SIX installments in a fantasy saga doesn't prove big things are possible? I get what you are saying about the opening but it's clear this is a highly lucrative few weeks where every year the industry averages huge sales no matter what's out.

No one is saying Dec is weak for boxoffice. It HAS always been a great time of the year for boxoffice. I'm just saying that SW7 is raising studios' expectation on Dec to A LOT higher level and they will probably start to treat Dec the way they do with the summer.

• Like 2