#ED

#ED's BOT The Force Awakens 3rd Weekend Pool (WB wins Star Wars steelbook)

6 hours ago, MrPink said:

Somebody should match per million based on the third weekend number

Kal can do that.  He works in market research and he uses M.O.M. technology to get the lotto numbers.  And he's met Bigfoot.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

I assume that everyone that has made a prediction here has also made their predictions in the Derby...

http://derby.boxofficetheory.com/Predictions.aspx

nope

without the money-raising cause.... = not a bettor.

But I think it's great and great work done by you (Derby)  :hiphiphoray:

• Like 1

Since I'm already a loser for missing the deadline (some distractions here) I can really cut loose with my prediction....124.1 mil.  And before you guys rip me for not taking this seriously, I don't think it's an impossible number!

Edited by Greylemur
Added decimal
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Greylemur said:

Since I'm already a loser for missing the deadline (some distractions here) I can really cut loose with my prediction....124.1 mil.  And before you guys rip me for not taking this seriously, I don't think it's an impossible number!

1. you are not a loser for missing a deadline! Even more so, as you are not even a week a member here (and this kind of bet... is a unique event anyway, but there are bet-less weekend prediciton threads and the Derby)

2. If one thing the SW 7 showed is that: nothing seems entirely impossible.

Example pro:

how many cinema ticket gift cards were given? How many want to spend those especially this weekend, before school / work is back on? Maybe feel the need to go together with the giver in a time-near to X-Mas manner?

Contra:

how many e.g. return from relative visits and are simply to exhausted to go out again at this weekend? Need to wash laundry,... as Monday it is back to school / work again?

There are certain patterns we know.

But how many ticket buyers are people usually not going into the cinema, what percentage has the group only going once a year or even less? How much higher - in relation to the more often going people - is that group's percentage in releation to normal behaving movies? How to calculate their patterns?

Example Germany, it seems the audience heard so much about weekend sell outs... the mid-week days are way stronger than normal, but not as strong during the weekends in relation to the per week numbers. Never happened before I think. How to calculate that too?

Enjoy the ride!

• Like 1