baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

I thought it was for any shows starting after 6am.

Yes, first I thought that too, but with Tele's examples I thought I am wrong, but I was sure the split is before (here) schools start (= what I have in the back of my mind) and as school starts here at 8 in the morning...)

Now I am confused

Edited by terrestrial

Woweeee. 22.9m. Another massive day. 40m Friday isn't impossible though I think it will be short with nearly 39m. Either way I'm thinking a 102m third weekend at this point.

Oh happy birthday Baumer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Why do people even care about the calendar gross? It's just a nice trivia stat. American Sniper was the number one movie of 2014 and made basically nothing from that year. At least SW has made the majority of its gross in 2015.

That it is. it#s nice, it's very head on head (??? term), that makes it a little bit thrilling. I do not care, but it is one of those: will Disney again miss it with let's say .... $5?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Suggestion:

wait till the actuals of next Thursday are released, than, IMHO you can see a bit better how the 'back to school/work' market might react.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing to anything (which numbers are possible), but I think you are too early in your 'I am sure about THAT' (fill in the different numbers the different members came up with)

Waiting until Thursday is not a prediction. When I predict, especially when I trade the market, it's with confidence based on what I see. So why not with this. Otherwise I might as well play slots and buy lottery tickets. 

It will hold better than -65% next midweek and -45%  next weekend.  850m+ total with a 55m+ weekend and it will make 3 times more after that. 100m+  WE locked. 1B locked. No doubt.

I am sure   :locked:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Yes, first I thought that too, but with Tele's examples I thought I am wrong, but I was sure the split is before (here) schools start (= what I have in the back of my mind) and as school starts here at 8 in the morning...)

Now I am confused

It's 6am. But honestly, practically speaking, this really only matters for the sneak previews and maybe first day or two for a mega-blockbuster. Theaters here don't routinely schedule shows past 1am (and even past midnight is largely for blockbusters only). And at the same time, theaters avoid super-early morning shows (6am, 7am, 8am, etc) unless they feel there's enough demand, which again only happens for a mega-blockbuster. Usually the first showtimes are around 9:30-10am at the earliest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

100m+  WE locked. 1B locked. No doubt.

I am sure   :locked:

It might be a language thingie, I do understand a lot of posts here like the riter think their prediction is 100% sure to be correct and all others are ???? something not nice, if not agreeing = with that post, your = I am sure... (and the smiley) it sounds like YOU are sure, but do not think others are ... whatever if having another POV

My posts are not meant to discourage predictions, but heated reactions over numbers that are IMHO not set in stone as long as the actuals are not realeased (no matter Minday, next week ór at it's run end)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's 6am. But honestly, practically speaking, this really only matters for the sneak previews and maybe first day or two for a mega-blockbuster. Theaters here don't routinely schedule shows past 1am (and even past midnight is largely for blockbusters only). And at the same time, theaters avoid super-early morning shows (6am, 7am, 8am, etc) unless they feel there's enough demand, which again only happens for a mega-blockbuster. Usually the first showtimes are around 9:30-10am at the earliest.

So what do you think, is there a possibility they will (have) earned $300k till 6am (if the estimats hold)?

I think Gitesh pointed out especially bcs the 2015 'crown' and as I am pretty sure that might be reason for discussions for years (I am not one of those), I really try to learn early on how to interpret those kind of tweets and...

I am really curious about the actuals, as at the end estimates may be wrong anyway

THE BIG SHORT took in an estimated $2.09M on Thursday and has grossed $23.98M to date domestically.

• Like 1

Some new projections:

98.8m this weekend (-33% from last weekend) 

58.8m next weekend (-40%)

41.7m MLK weekend (-29%) + 12.1 MLK Monday

total $925m by MLK Monday

approx $120m more from the rest of the run

FINAL TOTAL $1.05bn B)

Edited by geometry
  • Like 2