fmpro

Bet Thread. Please post all ongoing bets or completed bets in this thread.

4 Bets for sale

Firedeep: G.I.Joe 2 over The Expendables 2

Andrew the Alien: Cabin in the Woods over 65M total

lab276:April 2012 will sell more than 100m tickets?

darthdevidem01: TASM OS DOUBLE The Avengers OS

Edited by fmpro

As much as I'm looking forward to Prometheus, and the fact that I think it will probably be one of the best movies of the year (quality wise), but when it comes to box office, I just don't know..Domestically, I don't see it grossing more than Star Trek ($257m), but I do see it crossing $200m (could top off around $215m). Looking at the performance of Ridley Scott's Alien film, it's Dom/Int ratio is 77%/23%, and seeing a possible same type of run with this release, it's Worldwide total should be around..$285m..But then, the international market grew substantially, and the last film related to the Aliens franchise (AVP Requiem), it had a decent International gross (when looking at it percentage wise). If it performs 32/68% with a 215m domestic total, it's worldwide total could reach..$670m.Prometheus is a real wild card this year, I just don't know how it'll perform.But Darth, your bet is real tempting..

As much as I'm looking forward to Prometheus, and the fact that I think it will probably be one of the best movies of the year (quality wise), but when it comes to box office, I just don't know..

Domestically, I don't see it grossing more than Star Trek ($257m), but I do see it crossing $200m (could top off around $215m). Looking at the performance of Ridley Scott's Alien film, it's Dom/Int ratio is 77%/23%, and seeing a possible same type of run with this release, it's Worldwide total should be around..$285m..

But then, the international market grew substantially, and the last film related to the Aliens franchise (AVP Requiem), it had a decent International gross (when looking at it percentage wise). If it performs 32/68% with a 215m domestic total, it's worldwide total could reach..

$670m.

Prometheus is a real wild card this year, I just don't know how it'll perform.

But Darth, your bet is real tempting..

I think so to.

But you take it.. I have enough as it is :P;)

You guys just want me to take the bet cause you know I'm gonna lose! lol.Fine, I'll do it.Stakes?

So:darthdevidem01 vs InFamous: Prometheus OVER Star Trek (worldwide)Stakes??Namechange?Signature change??And for how long